Librarium Online Forums banner

TK 2250 Hammer 'n Anvil list.

828 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Jin Tkand 
#1 ·
Well this list is something i'e been working on for a while. I've been reduced to running a forced flank army composition / deployment for the past many months but I wanted to make this style of list effective for a TK which it seems to be nonexistant. So here it goes...

TK
Spear of Antarhak
Scorpion Armour
Collar of Shapesh
Shield

LP
CotD
Hiero Jar

Lp
D. Scroll
D. Scroll

Truthsayer

Skeleton Warriors x40
Shield/Spear/Light Armour
Full Command
Undying Banner

Chariots x3

Skeleton Bowmen x10

Skeleton Light Horsemen x5

Ushabti x3

Ushabti x3

Tomb Scorpion

Lumpin Croops Fighting Cocks x20

Tk -> Warriors
LP (hiero) -> Warriors
LP -> Bowmen
Truthsayer -> LCFC

general synapsis is to piss in there cereal with the archers and bring them to the tarpit while keeping the ush flank units full healed w/ necrite and truth magics. chariots are mainly to assist the scorpion in handling things that like to sit back or run on thier own and/or stall big things long enough for the trpit to do its dirty work of being an outnumberin fear causing unit :) (which i run the unit in 5 ranks of 8 wide). The king is built to ENSURE the unit is not that easy to kill, and the truthsayer should she pull the appropriate spells has a army wide heal spell, and a ward save spell. that combined with the spear, thearmour, the banner... it should be pretty rough to cleanse that pit. let alone escpe from it.

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a nice list bud, very original.

I would probably swap one of the ushabti units for a unit of chariots and a unit of carrion. Given the amout of missile fire you have I think the carrion would be worth it just for march blocking at the very least.

I might also be inclined to swap the 10 man unit of bow dudes for another unit of light cav + steed for the liche. These would be much more flexible than the archers and would certainly survive longer if you were to shut down your opponents missile units with the scorp/carrion/archers. Not sure if I would drop the scrolls (or perhaps you could lose a spearman or two) for SoRav here, but it's certainly worth thinking about.

#3 ·
*noob here* Whats a truthseer?? lol.

King wise, are you planning to have him and the TG lost combats? I should hope not.. so get rid of that Jank armour and give him "of the Ages" instead :)

Making the Ushabti into 1 unit of 4, and then getting another Scorp or some Carrion, may be a good move...

Also 40 Skellies, especially armed with spears... why?? lol. Skellies cant kill stuff, and ideally an anvil needs its save. Make them into HW/S guys, and then cut to 25ish. Then your bowmen can become a nice big unit of 25 for missile support, adding Banner/Music for combat ability when reformed.

#5 ·
not playing tg in this list. :) the two units of ushabti are basically my flank assists as well as the chariots.

played it against a new skaven plague monk army two days ago... i got beat horribly. But my skeleton unit and king lasted the entire game after pumping summoning into them.

Never underestimate that armor! i lost combat in one of those rounds by 20 due to a flank charge by an abomination, and only lost 10 skeletons cause of the armors effect. then my king swung did wounds with the spear and healed himself. my next magic phase i brought them alllll back.
----------

yeah the Truthsayer is a dogs of war caster and lumpin kroops are a skirmishing archer unit from regiments of renown.

the truthsayer can give my units ward saves... unbreakable... +1 to hit... global healing... has little to no worthwhile offensive casting except one spell that can make a unit not move or shoot during its next turn. so effectively he holds them down while the archer unload.

after playing the game yeah the spears were not so worthwhile... at least after abomination got into my flank and shut em down.
----------
That's a nice list bud, very original.

I would probably swap one of the ushabti units for a unit of chariots and a unit of carrion. Given the amout of missile fire you have I think the carrion would be worth it just for march blocking at the very least.

I might also be inclined to swap the 10 man unit of bow dudes for another unit of light cav + steed for the liche. These would be much more flexible than the archers and would certainly survive longer if you were to shut down your opponents missile units with the scorp/carrion/archers. Not sure if I would drop the scrolls (or perhaps you could lose a spearman or two) for SoRav here, but it's certainly worth thinking about.
i'll probably drop the spears out of the skellies next time i play this list, but i ain't giving up me armor! I would have carrion and more chariots in this list if i owned anymore.

#6 ·
Do you have a link to any informations about either Truthsayer or any other DoW caracters ? I do have Both regiments of renown and Dogs of War armies, but I can't find the rules for your caster (and with a uncoming tournament, I'd like to give my list a little twist)

#7 ·
you want to look for the Albion Scenario. it wasn't a normal character for dogs of war. The albion scenario also includes a dark emissary which is a much more offensive version.
also in the general tomb kings thread i went over both the thruthsayer and dark emissary in a thread i made about Selecting Allies in a Tomb Kings Army. good read imo for people looking to escape the two chariot unit, doe king pigeon hole army.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.