Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
EDIT: Some point costs removed due to GW Copyright. - Spector

Ok, so after getting screwed over in my Skaven deal, I decided not to go that route since buying the actual army would require some direct order and other stuff that's just way to inconvenient. So with a little help with my friend, I made an all Chariot army. Just a basic tournament list

Tomb King - 211
-Spear of Antarhak
-Golden Eye of Rah-Nutt
-Armor of Ages
-Chariot

Tomb Prince - 174
-Great Weapon
-Chariot
-Brooch

Tomb Prince - 149
-Great Weapon
-Chariot

Liche Priest - 330
-Dispel Scroll (2)
-Casket of Souls

Chariots (5) - 220
-Standard Bearer

Chariots (5) - 220
-Standard bearer

Chariots (5) - 220
-Standard Bearer

Tomb Swarm (3) -

Tomb Scorpion -

Tomb Scorpion -

Tomb Scorpion -

Tomb Scorpion -

I changed the list, I have 5 units on the board using the "It Came From Below..." special rules. Shock units and warmachine hunting teams. I only have to set up 4(5?) units, so I'll be getting the +1 to go first. Chariots aren't the army, the Scorpions are =)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thats a rough list. I have never played anything even similar, but I could see a couple problems arising.
You don't really have anything to protect your casket and its also the only non mobile unit in you army. You might consider dropping it for a heiro with cloak, so he can fly around in support of your other units.
Also, there is a lot depending on when your ICFB units pop. If they rise to early they could end up unsupported by your chariots, to late and your chariots will be hitting units head on. You might consider dropping a scorp and adding a unit of Ushabti to give your army a frontal assault unit to hold up any ubers while you chariots flank.
I think misdirection will be key. You might make a unit "sacrificial," and give them the banner of the undying legion. That way this unit could bring the frontal while your other flank. And if they take a couple hits, they can use the banner to come back.
What I know about chariot armies is that they are all or nothing. You could totally lay waste to your opponent or not.
To be honest I think this would be a totally awesome list to play, I just don't know how well it would do tournament. But who knows. Get in some friendly games with another tourney army and see if you need to tweak it. Post back, I would like to hear how it goes.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Sooo... Your Hierophant, is our Only Priest, AND hes a sitting duck at a casket!? Anyone thing of a more tempting Cannon target..?

If you want a Chariot list, gotts make it fast.

Get The Hiero off the casket. Have him with Cloak of the Dunes, and Hieratic Jar.

Drop the second Prince for a Priest, on steed with Staff of Ravening if possible.

The 1st Prince could do with a better combo i think... something instead of a GWas its only +1S when mounted.

Those units of 5 Chariots are simply too big, especially when the Characters join them. Use them in 1 rank? have fun manouvering. 2 Ranks? Why? No rank bonus, no extra impact hits or attacks.. pointless.
So, drop them to units of 3 each, or 4 for units without a Character. Have them all with a Standard, and give the Kings unit a magic banner.

3 Tomb Swarms? Too big, and pointless. loose one base.

4 Scorps? Nice! :) Although with a fast hard hitting list, consider a unit of 3 or 5 Carrion instead of one, and either a Second Carrion unit too, or look at some Ushabti, maybe even a Bone Giant.

·
Registered
81 Posts
As an old O&G player, the waagh potential of this list appeals to me, maybe if i paint the chariots red they will go faster :)

Im gettign ready for the Ard'Boys tournament and made a list with Khalida and mass bowmen, but now that i see this, i am starting to see a chariot heavy army led by Settra at 3500 points ....man, that would be some nice disgusting sight for my opponent 8Y

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
First off, I think you need to re-total the points cost on your King. A naked King with a chariot is more than 211 points, I think you may have used the Prince price when adding it up.

I'd also suggest dropping the chariot size in each unit down and with the extra points, getting a new chariot unit or 2. Gives you a bit more flexibility, not to mention maneuverability.

Some Carrion can be useful in this list. March blocking among other things can be very useful.

Not sure if the swarms are really needed with all the ICFB you potentially have in the list.

A Bone Giant would make a good fit here, if you have access to one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts