Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO......im having a bit of difficulty making up a good well rounded army list. I thought putting a TK in a chariot with FoS, CoF, and the Eye, would be a devastating blow with a unit of other chariots. But in fact, i lost everything to the Hellfire cannon in the second shooting turn.......and i know how to avoid cannons well, so i cried a bit inside. But anyways do people tend to put characters in chariots for massive dammage or are they too vulnerable? and if they're in chariots, TK or TP?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I used to all the time, and still do occasionally.. I don't think it is worth putting the General in a chariot, since you want him with the majority of the army providing leadership, but I do quite often put a Prince in chariot and it makes a fairly powerful unit. Mine don't get shot at very often, its a bit of a one off facing a hell cannon. It can also be worth it giving him the item that increases unit strength so he can negate ranks, then send him alone into flanks.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
When i began Fantasy and TK, i though 'Oh cool, got to!' when it came to having my genaral in a Chariot. I soon realised though, that along with my defensive playstyle, it wasnt such a good idea. He and his unit were often left out somewhere alone, got bogged down in combat and crumbled, costing me a lot.

Unless youre paying a Chariot based fast offense army (i.e no Casket or SSC at all) then id say its best to kiip your King on foot in a TG or Skellie unit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wouldn't put a TK in the chariot unit. A prince works okay though. Add the Prince in a chariot to a unit of 3 chariots with the banner of the undying legion for some extra staying power!

Lannymay

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
This is a little unusual, but if you were ultra keen on a TK in a chariot, why not run him inside a unit of 7 chariots? In 2 ranks of four, he'll get 'Look out sir!', plus a massive unit strength of 24, to auto break what ever they hit. A unit of 7 also means that if 2 get cleaned up by a cannon, or handguns, he isn't vunerable just yet. The unit must get bellow 5.

Chuck in the Banner of undying legion, and I thin k the unit's a winner.

It wouldn;t suit my army, But as Deceiver has suggested, In the absense of SSC or the casket, you should easily have to points for this unit. It works out pretty cheap, I think, for what it can do.

Regards, Tim

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
Eight chariots as one unit? That's going to take up 4000mm square. That is a huge footprint in deployment, and will seriously be hampered by the terrain on the table.
I like to put a Prince in a chariot with the Flail of Skulls, and attach him to a chariot unit of 3 with the Icon of the Sacred Eye. You'll easily plow through the enemy's TEQs and Giants and the like. Plus it is a huge threat on the flanks of the enemy.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
This is a little unusual, but if you were ultra keen on a TK in a chariot, why not run him inside a unit of 7 chariots? In 2 ranks of four, he'll get 'Look out sir!', plus a massive unit strength of 24, to auto break what ever they hit. A unit of 7 also means that if 2 get cleaned up by a cannon, or handguns, he isn't vunerable just yet. The unit must get bellow 5.

Chuck in the Banner of undying legion, and I thin k the unit's a winner.

It wouldn;t suit my army, But as Deceiver has suggested, In the absense of SSC or the casket, you should easily have to points for this unit. It works out pretty cheap, I think, for what it can do.

Regards, Tim
Thats over 300 points for the 7 chariots, plus another 300 odd for the King in chariot, so you have a massive 600 point unit. I'm pretty sure you would be losing a lot more than 1 or 2 easily, its a massive fire magnet and point sink. And after you add other characters, it doesn't leave much left for the rest of the army so it will be the focus of attention. Sure it will probably beat whatever it hits, but it can only hit 1 unit a turn once it gets close enough. Much better to run a unit of 3 + character (I still think prince not king) and a unit of 4. A lot more versatility, same unit strength if you decide to charge the same unit plus you can get one on the flank, and nowhere near as vulnerable to shooting or as big of a missile target.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
All true, but at least its a fast points sink. I mean, my 695 point Khorne Lord on a dragon is on helluva fire magnet, but he's fast.

But look, I was just throwing it out there. I guess that thingo of rha-nut can protect the chariot enough. Sorta gets 2 5+ ward saves since the cannon still has to roll d6 wounds...not as bad as I thought.

Regards, Tim

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it depends on who you're going to play against. Against a shooty army i would take TP, as he can boost the unit enough to make it fairly powerful. Against a army with less shooting I would consider to take a TK for the unit, but I think a prince is enough.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The only concern about doing this is if he does lose his chariot for whatever reason, your king is now stranded from the rest of your army and very vulnerable to just about everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.