Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am playing against a friend playing empire:
This is my list:

Tomb King Light Armour, Chariot, Flail of Skulls, 1 Collar of Shapesh, Chariot of Fire
In a 4 Chariot unit with standard and champion

Tomb Prince Light Armour, Chariot, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield
In a 4 Chariot unit, Standard of the Cursing Word and champion

Liche Priest Hierophant; 1 Staff of Ravening
In 17 Tomb Guard with Mirage Standard

Liche Priest, Dispel Scroll, Hieratic Jar
In 17 Tomb Guard with Banner of the Undying Legion and musician

Tomb Scorpion

4 Carrion

Tomb Swarm

Screaming Skull Catapult

Total Roster Cost: 2149

We are playing migthy empire's in my game group. There I get a random free magic item, dont know what rigth now.

He has 2300 points in total.
His normal army is very priest/wizard heavy with a arch lector on war alter. The rest of his army is 35-45 handgunners/crossbowmen, 2 units of empire spearmen/swordmen, 2-3 cannons and mortors and 1-2 helstorm rocket battery.
If anyone should ask he is the total power gamer, would bring 2 steamtanks if he had the model (one thing he normally don't think units if he lacks the model).

hoping to take handgunner and helbattery out fast (flyvers and it came from below's). The destroy his weak lines with chariot charge back up with tomb guards.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Ok, instantly seeing 2 Character based Chariot units and a SSC together in the same list, not a good thing i dont think. You are going to want your magic support up with the Chariots, not sat back casting on the SSC. And if the Chariots sit back, well... its Empire, chances are its a gunline, and from what you have said my assumption isnt far off. They wont be coming to you any time soon.

So, you are going to be one doing the advancing. Basics, use cover to your advantage as mush as poss to block LoS. Watch the Flanks of your units and avoid Cannons.

Now, onto the List. Loose the SSC. No point in using any are slots here, a BG will just get downed too easily.

Even Ushabti will be too slow for this game i think, advancing wise.

Hence, starting with Specials, i recommend 2 Scorps (ICFB) and 2 units of 5 Carrion (Aim for 1st turn charges on WMs).

Onto Core, 2 units of 5 Light cav, and 2 Swarms.

Now, for the main part. Characters and their accompanying units.

King, i like the setup you have for him. Id say give his unit the magic banner, Warbanner or Sacred Eye (+1 to hit iirc) are good choices. A unit 5 Wide could make manouvering a bit difficult, so drop a Chariot, and also loose the Champ, he is a waste of points. Add Music.

Prince, look at the Spear of Antarhak here, empire are quite squishy lol. Same as before with the Chariots, drop 1, loose Champ, get music.

Hierophant, go with the Cloak of the Dunes and Mighty Plaques. Your going to need your magic consistent here, eapecially against the magic heavy enemy)

Other Priest, on Steed with taff of Ravening, in a unit of Cavalry, id say 9 Light. Keep them safe, bt try and maximise the Staffs use. Hiding in woods could be useful offering more protection from missiles. Banner of undying legion here. I think Light cav can take magic banners anyway, not sure cant remember, and cant look it up. If not, make them Heavy cav.

And to finish off, load up on units of 4 Chariots, naked, as many as poss.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Chariot champion is the for one reason only any Hero that want to go one no one (priest, lord priest, wizard) has that lame item swap stat. Normally he has it on Arch Lector on war alter (giving him ASF and +1 str weapon, some 1+ save and 4+ ward). Swaping stats with my King/Prince would not eb funny. If he gets a champion he can't/won't do en stat swap.

Tomb King Light Armour, Chariot, Flail of Skulls, 1 Collar of Shapesh, Chariot of Fire
In a 3 Chariot unit with Mirage Standard and champion

This unit is going to take alot of shoting!

Tomb Prince Light Armour, Chariot, Spear of Antarhak, Enchanted Shield
In a 3 Chariot unit, Standard and champion

Liche Priest 1 Staff of Ravening
In 9 light horsemen

Still have problems with sniper fire, will try to reform every turn covering him (by the way does that work?)

Liche Priest Hierophant; cloak of the dunes and Mighty Plaques

2 x 10 heavy horsemen with standard (one with Banner of the Undying Legion)
Suport for chariot, I really dislike ligth horsemen.

2 Tomb Scorpion

4 Carrion
4 Carrion

2 Tomb Swarm

Thx for the help and any future help

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Good point about the Champion actually, may have just found a good use for them! finally!

As for the Priest in the Cav unit, he will be safe frokm missiles, and get a Look out Sir vs warmachines, if there are atleast 5 cav also remaining in the unit. Hence hy i suggested having Heavy cav with him so they can take the UDL banner. It may save you having to waste the Priests incant on healing the unit for protection.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the liche priest with T3 and 2 W are really a target for his empire handgunnner champions with HochLand LongRifle's, They like can target single models in a unit at a range of 30-40 with only -1 to hit or something like that!!!

Good point about the Champion actually, may have just found a good use for them! finally!
I really dislike undead champions too, one extra attack for 2x the points of a normale or more!!!

In a 3 Chariot unit with Mirage Standard and champion

Tomb Prince Light Armour, Chariot, Spear of Antarhak, Enchanted Shield
In a 3 Chariot unit, Standard and champion

Liche Priest 1 Staff of Ravening
In 11 heavy horsemen with standard (one with Banner of the Undying Legion)

Liche Priest Hierophant; cloak of the dunes and Mighty Plaques

10 heavy horsemen with standard
6 heavy horsemen with standard

2 Tomb Scorpion

4 Carrion
4 Carrion

2 Tomb Swarm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts