Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I have finished my Nid collection and have had some very good success with my CC zilla choir, but I am beginning to doubt it.

HQ: 442
2x1 HT: ES, TS, TLD, TLD, Psy Scream
2x2 Guards

Elite: 339
3x1 Dakka Fexes

Troop: 192
2x6 GS: base

Heavy: 521
2x1 Fex: ES, BS, VC, +1W

1x3 Zoans w/ WB and Psy Scream

Total: 1494

I find Zoans to be too costly for what they do - sing. They stink at shooting and most enemies are either fearless or easily win combat against a fex making the negative Ld pointless. The only time I have found them useful is when I am dakking every living thing around me, which scares them off the table. I have decided to take them out of the list for another Heavy Fex, but I would really like to hear any dissenting opinions on the matter.

I have had some problems with losing my HQ's and I do not like to leave it to the dice gods to decide whether my fexes are scoring or not, so I think the extra Guard will help. Plus, it takes me three turns to make it into optimum firing range and most of the time my guards have already bit the dust.

The last change was the addition of the 3rd heavy fex. I fight 3 AV 13-14 almost every game and that third fex would really help.

[Changes]

HQ: 512
2x1 HT: ES, TS, TLD, TLD
2x3 Guards

Elite: 339
3x1 Dakka Fexes

Troop: 192
2x6 GS: base

Heavy: 444
3x1 Fex: ES, BS, VC

Total: 1487

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would go for the 6 fex's, mainly because you get more wounds and more firepower. You also get more shots and can cause more wounds.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd suggest the Choir actually. The standard nidzilla is... well, it's probably the most effective build, but not really any fun. Zoanthropes are really hit/miss, but I've found they are quite resilient (and they get as many high strength shots out as a carnifex/turn, though they don't have as good a range). As you've yourself stated, it works best when you blast squads to hell with your devourers, so just keep doing that and try to avoid combat.

Go ahead and try (prefferably by proxying) the standard nidzilla list, and if you don't like it, go back to the old one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Alienid
Agreed

@Pen
It is very funny to see someone try to pass a -9 Ld test (nids rock!), but since I have already purchased, modeled, and based the new additions mentioned in the second list I am going to take them out for a spin. I know I haven't come into my own when using nids, so I will definitely be swapping out between Choir and full-on Zilla till I find my preference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.