Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The idea here is to set up flank charges with the chariots. The unit with the King's chariot should be able to smash most things (maybe even charging units head on?). I'm considering swapping the Flail for the Spear of Antarhak, but not too sure, and maybe getting the Golden Eye of Rah-nutt too. The carrion and scorpions are used for harassing, march blocking, tying up units, and assassinating wizards. The last point is key so that I can have free will with my magic phase. So if you guys have any feedback, that would be appreciated.

Tomb King + Chariot + Light Armor + Flail of Skulls + Chariot of Fire
Lich Priest + Staff of Ravening
Lich Priest + Hieratic Jar + Cloak of the Dunes
Lich Priest + 2x Brooch of the Desert

7XX

25x Skeleton Bowmen + C & SB + Standard of the Cursing Word
24x Skeleton Bowmen + C & SB + Banner of Undying Legion
3x Chariot + C & SB + Icon of the Sacred Eye
4x Chariot
4x Chariot

1XXX

Scorpion
Scorpion
Scorpion
4x Carrion

3XX

Screaming Skull Catapult + Skull of the Foe

1XX

·
High Priest of LO
1,928 Posts
First of all, you cannot include two brooches in your list :) The item is most useful when you want a very magically defensive list that includes a prince or king with some sort of a "Dispel Scroll". Just a small detail, but still very important.

The Chariot Champion is kind of waste of points IMO. If you want a challenge, then let's have it with your TK. He's a killer machine, and the Overkill will grant us just as many advantages when talking auto-break.

And you know what...?

By not fielding a champion charioteer, we're now able to have an additional Carrion fielded. The Carrion unit will be US 5 which means better flanking advantages. Btw, all in all it's a good list :)

//Nagash

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think if you want to be offensive, you should put liches on steeds so they are mobile. and if you take out the unit with cursing word, you could free up some points for a light cav unit for the priests to go in, which is almost like giving them extra wounds. The standard of cursing word... it's awful, you'd have 3 units at most in contact with it being on your bowmen unit. And I personally love the spear of ant. but your set up gives you S7 on the charge... only thing is, I'd take the eye of rah-nutt... or get a unit of 5 chariots for the look out, sir rule. The eye though would be more beneficial for you point wise I think. what he said about 5 carrion is very true, either go with that or 3 so you have flyers to attack war machines. And with that many liches, only other thing I'd say is try for a 2nd catapult with upgrade, those things can win some games almost by themselves, especially with the shooting in the magic phase.

p.s. I don't have my book with me, it's about 4 hours drive away... but I think you cannot have 2 banners on skeles, I think it says 1 unit may have a banner of up to 25 points if tomb king is general... could be wrong though.

·
High Priest of LO
1,928 Posts
p.s. I don't have my book with me, it's about 4 hours drive away... but I think you cannot have 2 banners on skeles, I think it says 1 unit may have a banner of up to 25 points if tomb king is general... could be wrong though.
Totally correct :)

//Nagash

·
Registered
142 Posts
Tomb King + Chariot + Light Armor + Flail of Skulls + Chariot of Fire
Ok. I would drop the flail for the Spear, as this will heal the chariot unit as well as the Lord, and then take the Eye of Rahnutt instead of a Chariot of Fire. Better your chariot survives (seeing as it takes 66% of all hits) than having it do an additional 2 or so impact hits. Also consider taking a shield for +1 save for 3 pts is well worth it
Lich Priest + Staff of Ravening
Not bad, but if you can fit the points, give this guy a horse for improved mobility
Lich Priest + Hieratic Jar + Cloak of the Dunes
Make this guy your Hierophant, consider giving him Neferra's Plaques of Mighty Incantations, which for 5 points more, is in my opinion much better than a heretic jar.
Lich Priest + 2x Brooch of the Desert
Lol, swap this for 2xDispel Scrolls. They do exactly the same, the Broach is for TK and TP (they cannot take arcane items)

7XX

25x Skeleton Bowmen + C & SB + Standard of the Cursing Word
I would drop the Magic Banner if you want to cut down on points. Cursing word is best put on Chariots anyway as the larger base size allows for up to 4 models to be affected. Could also drop the champion. Consider taking a musician as for 5pts, even if it only is useful in 1 combat it saves you 3pts (combat res losses). Also, I am not overkeen on units over 20 as setting them up so they can all shoot is a nightmare, though this is just personal taste.
24x Skeleton Bowmen + C & SB + Banner of Undying Legion
Fine, if you are short on points, drop the champion. Consider taking a musician as for 5pts, even if it only is useful in 1 combat it saves you 3pts (combat res losses). Also, I am not overkeen on units over 20 as setting them up so they can all shoot is a nightmare, though this is just personal taste.
3x Chariot + C & SB + Icon of the Sacred Eye
Sacred Eye is brilliant for putting the Lord in, Give him a Spear of Antarhak and he will be amazing
4x Chariot
I might be tempted to put Banner of Cursing word in here if you have the points floating around
4x Chariot

1XXX

Scorpion
Scorpion
Scorpion
Scorpion love. I like it. These things are KILLER!
4x Carrion
Up this to 5 or cut it to 3. 3 Carrion allows you to kill war machines, 5 allows to to flank charge and generally harass enemy skirmishers.

3XX

Screaming Skull Catapult + Skull of the Foe
Try and take 2 of these if you have the points. Well worth taking 2 as if "Righteous Smiting" both of them you will have 4 shots per turn
1XX

Overall I like the layout of your list, I would just change the few things I have mentioned, though some is more down to personal taste.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts