Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hy guys,
a friend off mine wants to start warhammer fantasy, and is most attracted to the tomb kings. As tomb kings are not exactly hot below 2K, I suggested to start with a 2 k army, it becan 2250... as this is the point amount we normally play, this is no problem... We will start with pieces of carton for practise... LOL
This is a list off what I think is a solid tomb king list.
I have, however, never played them myself, and hope you guys will giver good advises for my buddie... I want to keep him hooked!:rofl
nnamed2250 Pts - Tomb Kings Army

1 * Tomb King @ 266 Pts
Casting Order (x1); General; Light Armour; Shield
Flail of Skulls [
Collar of Shapesh [
Cloak of the Dunes [

1 Liche Priest @ 123 Pts
Hierophant
1 Liche Priest @ 123 Pts
1 Liche Priest @ 123 Pts

4 Skeleton Chariots @ 205 Pts
War Banner
3 Skeleton Chariots
3 Skeleton Chariots
5 Skeleton Light Horsemen @
5 Skeleton Light Horsemen @ Pts
3 Skeleton Chariots @ 1 Pts
14 Skeleton Warriors @ 2 Pts
Bow; Light Armour

2 Tomb Swarm @
1 Tomb Scorpion @
1 Tomb Scorpion @Pts
5 Carrion @ Pts
3 Carrion @ 2 Pts

1 Bone Giant @ 0 Pts

1 Screaming Skull Catapult @ 0 Pts
Skulls of the Foe

any help more then welcome!

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Dont bother with the Cloak on the King, give it to the Hierophant instead. The Flail is more of a Chariot based weapon, not made so much for long term combat. Possibly look at a simple GW or the Sword of Might.

With the Hiero having the Cloak, loose his steed. Only mount 1 Priest, and have the other on foot. Consider Staff of Ravening for the Mounted one, as well as the Hieratic jar for the Hiero.
Lose the Bone Giant (too expensive) and get a Casket for the 3rd Priest to sit at, or another SSC for him to support.

Chariots look good, there is an awful lot of them though, considering you have an SSC too, the tactics are a bit counter intuative.

Youll really need to decide between Defensive or Offensive. Keeping the SSC and going D, lose one unit of 3 Chariots.

Your only unit of Static combat res is the Bowmen. Boost these to 20, adding Music and Banner. Loose the LA, its a waste of points.

Look at adding a second Skellie unit of decent size too.

Id say drop the unit of 2 Carrion for 4 Ushabti, to take the final Special slot.

This is, bearing in mind, leaning to a defensive force based around an SSC + Casket/SSC. If you want to go offensive, let me know and ill write some more stuff to help you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The list is a good try for someone who has never played them. IMO if you field over 6-7 chariots it gets hard to really move around, so play on a big board if you go over. Otherwise just read what pheonix said to correct things up. Though if you go with a casket id recommend dropping a priest for a prince in a chariot.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Couple of notes.

This would probably be better in the lists sub-category since that's what this thread is.

Please remove the point costs. They are a violation of copyright.

Reactions: DavidWC09
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.