Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a speed freek army and recently went to a tournament, I HAD 1500pt army with four truks an no KFF, no more.
First battle: truck with warboss kareen out fo table.
Second battle: truck with 6 nobs do the same.
So now i have a list with battlewagon no nobs or warboss, and a KFF mek riding with shoota boys, and some points to spare so i was thinking why not another mek.

So thinking that I took a look at my options, and boy are there a lot. So thinking I wanting somthing diffrent I went with a warbike Mek with burna, cybork, and grot oilers.
I plan on using him with 6 bikers with nob when he is not of fixing somthing.

Is this totally nuts.

Do any of you have expirience with warbike mek.

Do you have other awsome mek toolups

I plan on putting him on a looted eldar jetbike, I will put up a sketck when I get home

BTW: I will make him no matter if he's usefull or not.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Love that sketch!

I think the model will perform perfectly well in your list, and even if he doesn't, the kunvershun is just so cool that you can't pass it up.

For the Grot Oilers, I suggest modeling them such that they're hanging onto the Mek's bike for dear life.

·
Registered
281 Posts
it soiunds pretty cool and i would really love to see pics of it. and it could be useful being able to get to damaged vehicles faster...
HOWEVER
im a little confused i thought you wanted a kff?(the best choice by far imho)
and if you took a bike that would remove the kff option.

tldr: bike mek would be way cool and useful sometimes

·
Registered
346 Posts
I assume you want to run one Big Mek with KFF, and a second Big Mek which you are having trouble deciding options?

Personally, i wouldn't bother with a second HQ, unless you are running a squad of Nobz or Meganobz, in which case a Warboss will make them scoring.

The other option is a Big Mek with a SAG, but a cheap Warboss to make Nobz scoring units would be more effective.

NOTE: One Warboss only makes one Nobz squad scoring, but its better than nothing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I (of course) have a KFF mek in my battlewagon with my shootaboys instead of my (very expencive) Nobs in trukk, so i didn't need my warboss and 'ard boys in trukk(also expencive), and instead got trukks with boys and spare points.

Still has anyone tried a bike mek, and do he get the 4+ armor save other bikers have?

btw i plan on somehow having the grots draged behind in small carts.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
When you have a cool idea like this, I say throw conventional out the window. Sure, a Biker Boss is better than a Biker Mek... but when you've spent the time to make a sweet ass Mek kunvershun, the Mek will certainly be a lot more fun to play!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Heya mate I noticed that you said your trukks karreened off the table they can't actually do that =\ being a random movment it's as far as possible and the codex doesn't specifically state it travels off the edge, so it blows up on table edge and you guys bail out.

Re INT FAQ's
RB.11E.01 – Q: Can involuntary/random movement
force models off of the table?
A: Unless specified in the rule itself, if random/involuntary
movement would take any part of a model off the table, it
stops moving at the edge of the table instead [clarification].
Ref: RB.75E.01

So if your opponents still don't feel this is fair just start taking an IC with a squad of kommands :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for clearing that up, :) never read that FAQ, would have been nice to know, but I still think i would have lost, having my nobs or boss stranded at my edge

·
Registered
170 Posts
I recently put up a post about help with HQ choices and the general concensus was that two Big meks is unnecessary.
Following that advice I've taken to running a Biker boss with biker nobz that take a different route to my 3 Trukks and battlewagon. I keep the KFF in the battlewagon and it forces my opponents to split their fire or make a very costly choice.

Love the sketch, why not modify it to be a bikerboss

·
340 Posts
Dude! That's a Sweet Idea! I would say just go for it. Warboss' are slightly better on Warbikes, but at least the Mek is cheaper, and I think the Eldar Jetbike is more proppa for a Mek. A Warboss would want something more Big n' Gritty! Plus it would be something truly unique and original...you might even get other people interested in doing the same thing

At any Rate, I hope you have fun! Should be a lot fun to try out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.