Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the start of a new series, that will hopefully bring new ideas and tactics to the forums. Each week, a new topic will be posted up about a different unit in the army book. This gives you your chance to discuss the unit to its fullest. So, please leave your comment!

This week's topic is - Beastlord

What options are the most valuable or useful for him? What about magic items? What unit do you use him in?

Discuss.

Kuffy

·
NCIS fan
818 Posts
Ramhorn Helm, Blackened Plate, and The Steel Claws.

Throw him in a herd of 20+ gors with 2 hand weapons, and a full command.

With enough bodies to get him where I want him, he's just murder in combat. Since my dice rolls are pretty good (I gotta blow on everyone's dice), he will get the 6's he needs to chew through those high armor saves.

:beer:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ah the beastlord. Leadership 9 is so nice for the beastmen. I usually run him in a unit of 18 bestigors alongside a wargor BSB. Lately i have been toying around with giving my beastlord the Crown of Horns to make the unit LD9 stubborn with rerolls from the BSB. Its a nice little deathstar.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The beastlord is great! His leadership always gets me hatred on every unit in close range. If you play alot of ambush, give him the horn of the first beast!
My normal setup is, heavy armour, gnarled hide, ramborn helm, shield, great weapon. You still have 70 points to spend like this, but if you keep him like this he is cheap, and still strikes with 4 str 7 hatred attacks while maintaining a 2+ armour safe, or 4 str 5 attacks while maintaining a 0+ armour safe.

Most of the time hes in a big unit of gors, 23 big 4X6 formation, with bestigors alongside. Gors aren't supergood, but with the presence of this big guy, and some suport troops, they can stand there ground fairly well.

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
My current setup for my beastlord is as follows:

Beast Lord @ 251 pts
Heavy armour, gnarled Hide, Ramhorn Helm, Gouge-Tusks, Many Limbed Fiend
The steel claws

That's 5 + D3 attacks per turn, with a 2+ armour save that could yield even more S5 hits. all armour piercing is nice also against armour. With the +1 S banner in the unit you are looking at S6 -4 to armour save attacks, with a compliment of hatred!

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
That's some serious necroposting, but that's okay with me. The Beastlord I put together looks like this -

Beast Lord - 246
Great Weapon, Hand Weapon, Shield, Heavy Armor, Gnarled Hide, Ramhorn Helm, Horn of the Great Hunt

Versatile, being able to choose between higher strength or better armor save, depending on the situation, and hopefully get a couple bonus attacks. He's more of a leader than a killing machine (take a doombull if that's what you're looking for). Thus he also has the horn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.