Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the start of a new series, that will hopefully bring new ideas and tactics to the forums. Each week, a new topic will be posted up about a different unit in the army book. This gives you your chance to discuss the unit to its fullest. So, please leave your comment!

This week's topic is - Chaos Dwarf Lord

What are his best options? Why take him over, say a sorcerer? What mount options suit him best?

Discuss.

Kuffy

·
Registered
233 Posts
In the ravening hordes list, I find that the leadership issue is best handled with a hero character. The lord is usually taken for his item allowance or his ability to get a flying mount (a movement ability that is rather lacking in a CD army!)

·
Registered
691 Posts
I saw some might CD Lord's in my time, to be sure. There was a guy in our group that did really well with CD, although he usually opted for a Sorcerrer Lord on a Lamasu. In 3000 point battles he could fit the SL on Lamasu/ CD Lord on Great Taurus and it really was an impressive army.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
The new Common Magic Items have certainly managed to spice up the heroes a bit now. You can have Lords running around with a 4+ Ward Save or the Wizards hat (hehe) Personally I'm thinking 1+ Armour, Dawn stone and great weapon.

A 1+ re-rollable save is certainly hard to get through. Especially for 55pts all told. Then If I had the points I'd grab the Helm of Command to make a nice Anvil Character

·
Registered
691 Posts
in 7th edition, do Chaos Dwarfs still have access to normal Chaos items like in the past?

I know in 5th they did and I saw some truely terrifying CD Sorcerror Lord on a Lamasu that not only was powerful (with CD and Chaos items, had +4 Armor Save, 10 WS, 7 STR, something else), and it did not even cost that much.

·
Registered
691 Posts
ah, that's too bad.

The combo I was thinking was a Chaos Dwarf Sorcerror Lord, on a lamasu, with ChaosArmor/Shield (counted as only 1 magic item), the sword that grants a WS of 10, the gauntlets of bhazark or something like that (+3 STR) and then something to boost magic. Result was a CD SL on a lamasu, WS 10, S7, +3 Armor save that negates magic weapons, something else. And it did not cost THAT much.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Where did you get +3str from? It's+1 ;). The potion of Might gives +3 str for a single round maybe that? Even still, a Sorcerer Lord only has 1 attack. It's a mighty attack but it's stil just one :S

How about......

Centaur Lord, Guantlets of Bazhrakk, Armour of Gaz, Talisman of Preservation, 2 Hand Weapons

This guy has a 1+ Save and a 4+ Ward. He kicks out 6 str 6 attacks at WS6.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Where did you get +3str from? It's+1 ;). The potion of Might gives +3 str for a single round maybe that? Even still, a Sorcerer Lord only has 1 attack. It's a mighty attack but it's stil just one :S

How about......

Centaur Lord, Guantlets of Bazhrakk, Armour of Gaz, Talisman of Preservation, 2 Hand Weapons

This guy has a 1+ Save and a 4+ Ward. He kicks out 6 str 6 attacks at WS6.
I was talking about 5th edition Warhammer, sorry if I was not clear on that. As I recall the package I saw for a chaos dwarf sorcerror lord went- Lamasu/20 pt sword that gave WS of 10/ChaosArmor/gauntlets of something that gave +3 STR and only cost about 40 pts/some arcane item. It was not that expensive and in 5th Edition a Sorcerror Lord had 3 attacks. So it was quite an impressive package and this one person that actually used CD did quite well with this package .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts