Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the start of a new series, that will hopefully bring new ideas and tactics to the forums. Each week, a new topic will be posted up about a different unit in the army book. This gives you your chance to discuss the unit to its fullest. So, please leave your comment!

This week's topic is - Tyrant

What options do you take with him? Are the magic weapon/item options worth it? What about Big Names? What unit do you find he works better in?

Discuss.

Kuffy

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
I think the basic standardized set up for this guy is:
Tenderizer
Greedy Fist
Wyrdstone Necklace
Luck Gnoblar
Heavy Armor

Not only does he tenderize things, he eats their weapons too. Use the luck gnoblar to reroll a failed wardsave for another chance at eating a weapon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think the basic standardized set up for this guy is:
Tenderizer
Greedy Fist
Wyrdstone Necklace
Luck Gnoblar
Heavy Armor

Not only does he tenderize things, he eats their weapons too. Use the luck gnoblar to reroll a failed wardsave for another chance at eating a weapon.
That is the exact tyrant I brought to the first and only tournament i have been to.
The new set up I have been thinking of (although I would need to get 2 man eaters to go with) would be:

Brace of Handguns
Tenderizer (or maybe siege breaker)
Rock Eye
Heavy Armor
Wyrdstone Necklace

I guess I could also run him in a group of lead belchers too

·
Registered
169 Posts
The tenderizer is almost always a must for tyrants. Without it we have no way of dealing with dragons and other big nasties like treemen. But if we want some variation on the tyrant I've come up with one of my own:

Tyrant w/
Greyback Pelt
Wyrdstone Necklace
Greedy Fist
Giantbreaker
Ironfist
Heavy Armor

with this setup you benefit from having a 4+/5++ vs shooting and a 2+/5++ in close combat as well as having most opponents hitting you on 5+. Stick on a luck gnoblar and you have one tough as nails tyrant that hits as strong as an irongut at normal initiative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts