Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the start of a new series, that will hopefully bring new ideas and tactics to the forums. Each week, a new topic will be posted up about a different unit in the army book. This gives you your chance to discuss the unit to its fullest. So, please leave your comment!

This week's topic is - Varghulf

Is it worth its points? How useful is the unit? What kind of army does the use of the Vargulf work with?

Discuss.

Kuffy

·
Registered
197 Posts
I love the Varghulf. If used effectively, it is a force to be reckoned with. With 5's across the board (except for wounds and unit strength :'( ) and regen, he is tough to take down. The Varghulf has the same movement and better stats than most cavalry units. He's great for taking on other large monsters or single target characters. Pefect for taking out obnoxious warmachines as well. The Varghulf is great for taking a unit on the flank and locking them down. The only problem I can find with this unit is unit strength 4. If it was 5 he'd be able to rid of enemy flanks.

I usually use mine to support Black Knights. Because of his vampire special rule he can give undead units the ability to march and can keep pace with the mounted Black Knights. Skirt him around the forest while the Black Knights run through it and your opponent generally panics and aims for the varghulf instead of the Black Knights ... perfect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.