Librarium Online Forums banner

Is it okay for someone to touch your miniatures?

• Yes. Anyone can tuch my models without questioning me first.

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Yes. Anyone can touch my models, but please ask me first.

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • No. Not in a million years. My models are my own and therefore sacred.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Maybe my friends, but woe to he who damages them.

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • No. If they are to be moved or rearranged, please tell me how and I will do it for you.

Votes: 6 6.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it Okay to touch another players models? Is it okay for everyone to touch your models? With the Lash of Sbmission, anyone can rearange my models on the table, sometimes unintentionally damaging them or ruining a layer of very sensitive paint. It has for a very lon time been an unwritten rule that no one touches another players models intentionally. Now, that unwritten rule is bygone. Is this okay?

·
kinkeh secks pl0x?!
420 Posts
Im guessing this is a lead on from the thread where we were previously discussing this.

In my own opinion the Lash has indeed given some people the problem of voluntary touching of others models. Now, if some people are so adamant that others aren't to touch their models then maybe they are playing the wrong game. Some people may be generous enough to let you move your own models however these are the nicer people.

If you go to tournament, you can't tell someone with Lash not to touch your models, not only will you be laughed at by the marshalls but you'll get marked down for sportsmanship.

This has never been a problem for me.

- Tib

·
609 Posts
Everytime I use lash, I try and break as many arms on their models as I can when I set them down. It's a mental tactic to make them angry and mess up, been working pretty good so far.

[TOTALLY KIDDING]

Arms fall off sometimes, friend of mine was handing me one of my models, and I sware the WH gods had it out for him, because the model broke into like 3 pieces. I thought it was funny as crap.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just started this thread. Didnt want to hijack the other thread.
I rarely play at tournaments. The competitive nature in such takes most of the fun away.

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
Any person is free to touch my models as long as they have the courtesy of asking me first, to do so otherwise will have a good number of your fingers broken.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'd let my friends do it no problem but I'd rather not let random people touch my stuff, I don't mind people I'm familiar with but no random kids. Stuff in my group breaks all the time, landspeeders crashing on people, a new miss with a Reese's Pieces, a 2 pass of a flame template demolishing a grey knight.

·
Anemone's jelly jar
176 Posts
I'm completely fine with people touching my models, everyone in my gaming club is very careful so I know my guys are safe. I actually like it when people pick up my guys because it shows interest and helps show that I'm friendly, which i think is important for the game. There's a few guys who are a little strict about it, and they come off a little cold but I can understand why. (good painters) But sometimes that leads me to just picking guys up without asking because I do, and some people don't appreciate that!

Well I sure hope Dreachon doesn't go to my gaming club, I might get home with a few fingers broken!

·
689 Posts
I wouldn't want someone moving around any of my converted chaos HQ, they're all metallic and I put down a lot of time and effort on painting and converting them. Dropping one of them would most likely dent off some paint and make it break in at least 1 place.
However, my regular CSMs are a different tale. sure, I did put down some time on the painting of them, but they're plastic, so the paint won't come off them very easily, and if they're dropped, they will probably lose an arm or a leg, which are both easy to simply glue back in place.

So, I wouldn't want just anyone handling my metal models, I would let my friends do it, since they know how much time and effort I put into them. But playing against someone I’ve never spoken to before in a tournament... no way.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
I'm real picky with my models, i prefer when people ask me if they can touch them, i ask them if i can touch theirs so it's only cordial. I also want people to pick my models up by the base, not the model.

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
I'm completely fine with people touching my models, everyone in my gaming club is very careful so I know my guys are safe. I actually like it when people pick up my guys because it shows interest and helps show that I'm friendly, which i think is important for the game. There's a few guys who are a little strict about it, and they come off a little cold but I can understand why. (good painters) But sometimes that leads me to just picking guys up without asking because I do, and some people don't appreciate that!

Well I sure hope Dreachon doesn't go to my gaming club, I might get home with a few fingers broken!

Wouldn't worry too much about, just ask or be gentle with the models and your fine, I'm a bit edgy on it given I've seen some kids at our gaming club just pick up the models while we were battleling and then using them like old wrestler models, bumping them into each other, that really ticks me off.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Wouldn't worry too much about, just ask or be gentle with the models and your fine, I'm a bit edgy on it given I've seen some kids at our gaming club just pick up the models while we were battleling and then using them like old wrestler models, bumping them into each other, that really ticks me off.
People banging your models in to each other?! EHGATS MAN! i'd lose it at that point, i'd start banging heads together.

·
351 Posts
It's alright to touch my models, but please ask first. I was playing a buddy of mine at GW and this kid comes over to our table and grabs my drednaught right off the table without asking! It wasn't like it was a nutralized model, and he didn't ask. We talked to the kid about being polite and asking, and not to grab models in-play. 10 min later he comes back to the table and grabs my pred, in-play, by the lasSpon and breaks it off. It took a lot of personal resolve not to smash the little rat-child, and I told him if he couldn't talk to us anymore and not to touch either of our models again. Needless to say I was upset.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
It's alright to touch my models, but please ask first. I was playing a buddy of mine at GW and this kid comes over to our table and grabs my drednaught right off the table without asking! It wasn't like it was a nutralized model, and he didn't ask. We talked to the kid about being polite and asking, and not to grab models in-play. 10 min later he comes back to the table and grabs my pred, in-play, by the lasSpon and breaks it off. It took a lot of personal resolve not to smash the little rat-child, and I told him if he couldn't talk to us anymore and not to touch either of our models again. Needless to say I was upset.
Someone did that to my models i'd bloody well throw 'em through the shopfront. I don't have a whole lot to spend and i don't want people messing with what i got.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
It's all about the relationship really..

Friends can touch my models in any situation because I generally trust them.

But if playing with strangers at a store or something, I'd always expect to be asked, even with lash of submission. It's basic etiquette, and should be followed when you touch the possessions of anyone you don't know very well.. It takes all of two seconds, and makes the other person far more inclined to trust you because you've demonstrated respect for their possessions.

Accidents do happen, but there's no excuse for being careless or stupid with someone elses stuff, especially when it's fairly fragile and they might have spent a lot of time on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.