Full Command

RARE:
6 Grail Knights:clown:
Full Comand

TOTAL = 2246pts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting list. I'm curious how it'd play out... especially with all those Pegasus Knights.

Three things come to mind:
You can't put a Chalice of Malfleur on a paladin because it's an Arcane Item... and you can only give Arcane Items to characters with wizard levels.
This also mean that right off the bat you can see that this army is going to have a hell of a time defending itself in your opponents magic phase... and could mean the death of you. If you're looking for recommendations, then mine would be, especially at the 2250 level, to shift things around to put in more magical defense. Something useful to think about would be a damsel with that chalice and a dispel scroll.

Men at arms... I've never seen a list with that many before. Personally I play without them. I like having fun with mostly all cavalry lists... with some bowmen running around for giggles. So, again, if you're looking for recommendations, then I don't know where to begin with these guys since I usually avoid them for my own thematic reasons. 60 just seems like a lot.

I've never played O&G (or played against them, since nobody in my gaming arena uses them) so I don't know a whole lot about them... but at first glance I would assume that shield will come in handy much less than some people might think. Probably especially in a tournament environment. But, again, I have a skewed perspective. Seems though, in my opinion, that there are much better items for the points... like something as simple as an Enchanted Shield instead.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will dewf. remove the chalice and do something else, but many a time i have prevented my knights from being out flanked and taken an objective with my measly peasants. But i am most proudly for them for, just by lucky dice rolls, actually beating a unit of 20 chaos warriors that was by far the funniest thing I've ever seen, oh also i made all my peasants to look like werewolves and wrote a short backstory, thats the singular main reason

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like a very cool list to play!

Just wondering what's the plan with your lord? Is he joining any units or playing for himself? In any case, try to give him some more magical items, and maybe the grail vow, else he is often easy to kill,... Maybe, since you are going to use 8 pegasus knights, put him on a pegasus, and try to use 2 or 3 units with pegasus knights...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a few suggestions, first of all I agree that vs a magic strong army you are pretty much done for, but that all depends on who you play. I also agree that you should spice up your lord a little more.

After that I suggest breaking one of the [email protected] units up and turning the other 2 into 30 if you do like using them. At 20 if you lose 1 then you only get 2 to your rank bonus which for guys who don't wound very often is a huge setback.

Also, I think a unit of 8 peg's is a little much for what they do. A unit of 5 (which I still think may be a little on the large size) would function about the same as a unit of 8. Both 5 and 8 will lose 25% from 2 deaths and I have never faced a unit that more then 5 pegs could ever fit in base contact with. The 165 you would save from the 3 pegs could get you a damsel with 2 scrolls and even then have some points left for whatever.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the [email protected] you get the rank bonus at the start of the combat reguardless of losses and im not pitting them up against chaos warriors unless i need to slow down a unit hence the smaller size.

To the 8 peg.knights i find since they do indeed suffer alot of casualties i like to have atleast 5 survive to remove rank bonuses to the units i charge in the back hence the 8 instead of 3 or just 5.

Damsels suck balls, sorry. If i take anything else heroe wise it'd be another paladin, damsels are shit and virtually worthless.

As far as being weak to magic, yes I am lol. But usually there's only one turn of magic before i get into hand to hand with all the people I play, and i have yet to lose 1/2 a unit on that turn anywhere on the board to magic.

As far as beefing up my lord, if i did anything it would be to put him on a peg. or a hippogryph for the lols. I may change out his items to give him the holy icon, if i do that he will go into the grail knights with a grail vow. seeing as everytime ive used my grailknights for any charge ive annihilated the enemy or killed enough to prevent attacks back then the following turn routed the enemy.

If i did anything to the [email protected] i would only cut 10 out and add 5 to each unit then use the left over pts to add this or that to the other models.

With that said what else do u guys see?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know rank bonuses are at the start of combat, but if you lose even one before getting into combat from shooting or magic then that goes down. Although I guess if people are using magic or shooting at your [email protected] and not your knights you won't be complaining anyway.

Actually, Pegasus knights are flying cavalry which count as skirmishers and the rule book says that skirmishers do not negate rank bonuses for flanks and rears. You will still get your resolution of +1 or +2 for having the flanks/rears though. Also, you need unit strength 5 not 5 models to negate ranks which would mean 3 knights (at 2 each.)

Damsels do suck but are not "worthless." They will NEVER get there points back but they can easily save at least their points worth. One being used for anything other then defense has no place in a bret army, however taking one with 2 scrolls and sticking it in a unit of knights can be worth the points. (I use mine with grail) She gives the unit magic resist one so it will be a less likely target which at 38 points each for a grail knight you don't want even one to die. Where I play magic is HUGE, so I can't afford to take none. But by the sounds of it you don't play many or any "I will sit here all game and shoot you while you run up to me" armies" which I envy ha ha.

As far as lord take whatever you like, I just prefer mine to have a more specific role. I think using him on a peg would be great for you though if you did decide to break up the unit of 8.

Unless I am misunderstanding that would leave you with 2 units of 25 [email protected] and one unit of 10, which I don't see any value in a unit of 10 [email protected] So I assume you mean adding 5 to each and dropping the remaining 10?

All this is just personal opinion, I am not dissing on your list or anything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea most likely i will drop the extra ten and cut the pegasus down to 5, but i will most likely beef up my grail knights to 9 then and most likely put my hero in there with the holy icon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Redone!

Tournament 2250pt List REDONE!

HQ:
Bretonnian Lord
lance, shield, pegasus
holy icon
greathelm
sword of biting
Virtue of Discipline

Paladin
lance, Shield, Barder Warhorse
Virtue of Duty

Paladin
BSB, Barder Warhorse

Paladin

CORE:

6 KotR
Full Command

6 KotR
Full Command

6 KotR
Full Command

6 KotR
Full Command

9 KErrant
Full Command

8 KErrant
Full Command

10 Peasant Bowmen
Skirmish

SPECIAL:
5 Pegasus Knight
Full Command

RARE:
6 Grail Knights
Full Comand

TOTAL = 2249pts

Completely removed the peasants for a few matches and ran this list, did fairly well, biggest draw back now is obviously severely outnumbered by the orcs and goblins, skaven, empire, gnoblar (was a hilarious army, purely for fun im assuming) and undead armies. Undead barely pulled off a draw, raised zombies behind me up the @$$, O&G routed alot of units and he has some unlucky animosity tests that helped me. Skaven, gd jazzail? teams almost took out my grail knights (my fav unit ^_^ ). Empire, thankfully his helblaster exploded the first turn, otherwise most likely wouldve lost. The spoof on the gnoblar army was outnumbered atleast id have to say 20 to 1 lol. but incredibly easy to route. hilatious game he actually managed to route a few of my units and things looked bad for a little bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
List looks good only breaking the rules with your paladins. Scrolls are still arcane items so they can only be taken by a wizard (made the same mistake a while back and was not happy when I found out, because it means you do need that one damsel.) Also, I don't see which paladin is the BSB which bret requires you to take, I am sure one of them is but you can not give the BSB any mundane equipment so you would need to drop the shield and lance with one. You CAN give him magic versions of the equipment though (enchanted shield and wyrmlance to keep him cheep maybe?)

Like I said though, looks good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
boosted the 2 units of KE just cause i have a crap ton of empire knights sitting around and i figured it'd be funny to have a unit of 8 somehow, i know my mind is messed up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Tournament 2250pt List FINAL!

HQ:
Paladin
Virtue of Duty

Paladin
BSB, Barder Warhorse

Paladin