Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· LO Oldie
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, im getting ready for a 2000pt tournament later on this month. ARMie si can probably expect there.....

Blood Angels
Orks
Dark Angels
Dark Eldar
Black Legion
Nurgle
Tyranids

Thats all i can think of

Tables will be probably small, only 4' x 4'. i think thiss will benefit me as as we all know our drawback is range, not a problem on 4' tables!

I use basically the same list as ive posted before, 2 footsloggin sister squads, mounted sister squad, jump pack canoness, st celestine, 8 seraphim, 2 exorcists, 7 Grey knight Terminators, Retributors with hvy bolters.

This will be my first tournament taking my witch hunters. I need any advice ppl have

· The Fallen
7,906 Posts
To be honest mate, my best advice would be of no use to you, that would be to take away the GK termies and use the points elsewhere, too much ordinance risk for my tastes.

Not sure there is any advice I can give of value since your list is fixed and you play with it, sit tight and shoot like hell

· Registered
116 Posts
wooo! 2000 pts on 4'X4', a dream for our sisters.

in tournament, pay attention to the moment you have to use faith. Asking your opponent to declare precisely when he starts his fire or assault phase can be a good idea. So you don't miss the opportunity to go inv save or whatever faith act you need.

It's always a pain, some adversaries will go quickly to fire, throw dices and reject your faith because "it is too late".

Having set up that he had to warn you before starting fire phase, you can avoid such bad attitude.

May the emperor be with you

· The Fallen
7,906 Posts
Noctus said:

in tournament, pay attention to the moment you have to use faith. Asking your opponent to declare precisely when he starts his fire or assault phase can be a good idea. So you don't miss the opportunity to go inv save or whatever faith act you need.

It's always a pain, some adversaries will go quickly to fire, throw dices and reject your faith because "it is too late".

Having set up that he had to warn you before starting fire phase, you can avoid such bad attitude.

That is very good advice actually, many tourney plaers are analy retentive like that, he doesnt actually have to inform you when he has, for example finished moving, you need to pay close attention

· LO Zealot
1,322 Posts
Can't give you too much advice without really seeing the actual army set-up but my guess would be tpo just analyse the table and play as you normally would. There's a fair bit of point scored in table top performance, but if it's anything like the gamesworkshop tournies you get points for sportsmanship, wizzywig, painting etc. If you post the army list again where we can find it easily we might be able to comment on your set-up.

· Registered
2,291 Posts
bolters at least 100 of them and lotsa flamers on a short table like this anythin will be toast

· Registered
410 Posts
Noctus said:

Oh man, I agree. The fact that the table is small works largely to your advantage.

First thing I'd do is load up on as many Battle sisters as possible. Start moving in and rapid fire like no tomorrow burning acts of faith.

Also consider taking some flamer or heavy flamer units (maybe include heavcy flamer in a Battle Sister squad or use a Dominion squad or something. Again, odds are you'll be able to get into range relatively quickly.

But basically to avoid the "too late I already started (blah blah blah)" I would tell my opponent (nicely) before the game began that I had faith points and will need at least 30sec to decide if I am using faith or not. If not, call a judge and him know that you aren't getting a reasonable amount of time to determine whether to use faith or not.

· LO Oldie
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheredanine said:
To be honest mate, my best advice would be of no use to you, that would be to take away the GK termies and use the points elsewhere, too much ordinance risk for my tastes.

Not sure there is any advice I can give of value since your list is fixed and you play with it, sit tight and shoot like hell
Ya i know its hard as i basically use the same list. I would prefer to drop the termies and celestine for another squad of seraphim, another mounted squad of troops, and another canoness but thats a huge $$ resource! Its expensive enough doing a SoB army, but then making it really flexible is even more money consuming! lol

· Registered
179 Posts
2000 pts on a 4x4 table is gunna be a blood bath for alot of your games, i would only urge you to include many Auspex's for any infiltration units, watch the nids they will be on you pretty quick, other than that, stick it to em. The darkness will not stand against the beacon of your faith!! (when i say faith i mean, Bolters and Exorcists now thats some faith!!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.