1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!
In my small town (in sweden) we are about 2 have a tournament
1000pts
req= 1 hq and 1 troop max 1 heavy support (what u see what u get)
we are going 2 play some missions and standard game
and i wounder if this army list is going 2 work out?

Hq
Chaos lord Mark: Undivided
Furious charge
Deamon Armor and aura
Deamonic Str, mutation,resilence and essence
Power fist and combi bolter

troop
8 chaos space marine w/ bolters + 1 heavy bolter

elit
12 khorne berzerkers w/ chainaxe
Furious charge
Aspring Champion
Furious charge
Talisman of burning blood
Deamon armor
Deamonic str
power weapon

elit
3 obliterators

and now comes the problem i got 139 pts left and i wounder what shall i take more?
shall i take more troop w/ flamers or something tell me the "tourny" is really soon and i need 2 know what i shall take more?
----------------------------------------
:angry: Kharn of the world eaters: Kill Maim Burn :angry:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hmm, this is an intriguing list - a bit small for my tastes, but if you like small armies, that's cool.

Here's some suggestions for you:

1. Your Chaos Lord needs to be able to take advantage of his superior Initiative in close combat - this will really make life easier for you against most armies. This means you should lose his power fist for a power weapon. If you still want high-strength attacks on him, you could give him the Dark Blade instead, but you'll have to give up one of his Daemonic Gifts to do this. I would suggest removing Daemonic Essence, since this guy can be insta-killed pretty easily anyways by a lascannon or equivalent, and the extra wound won't do you that much good.

2. Remove Daemonic Armour from your Khorne Berserker Champion - it's useless until he's the last model left because you have to take armour saves on the majority of models.

3. If you follow my above 2 suggestions, you should have another 30-35 points left over, for a grand total of 169-174 points. Since this is obviously a close-combat-oriented army, I would suggest removing the Heavy Bolter from your CSM squad in favor of 2 flamers. Then upgrade one Marine in your CSM squad to an Aspiring Champion with a Power Fist (or a Power Weapon and Daemonic Strength) and give this squad a Rhino with Smoke Launchers and Extra Armour. With your remaining points, you should make a 5-man unmarked CSM squad with your Heavy Bolter. This should leave you with 1-6 points - give your Chaos Lord Frag Grenades (and Melta Bombs if you have the points), and that should be all of your points!

I hope my suggestions helped, and good luck in your tournament!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm not for sure (I don't carry my codex everywhere) but doesn't your lord have enough Daemonic Gifts to where he has to be a Daemon Prince?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thx 4 the advices loots of help!
the lord may be a deamonprince but i dident want it to be one

but...
i dident go for the undivided a friend of mine burrowd a bloodthirster to me and i did go for a khorne army...
2 hq bloodthirster and a lord
then i had 10 bloodletters and 12 zerkers and 1 champ.
it was just a little test what the power of khorne could do!
it dident go really well but i had loots of fun,
and for the lord i should had a deamonic rune!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, if you made him a daemon prince, you could give him daemonic stature for a mere 15 points. This, in addition to other things, would make his toughness 5. That would make it ALMOST impossible to instatkill him, but dread ccw may give you trouble...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.