Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been out of 40k for a few months and only had a few games in 6th edition (though almost all of them have been in tournaments). I wanted to run my list by some fellow Dark Eldar players and see what you guys thought. I’ve had a ton of success so far, but my lack of knowledge of the current meta is leaving me a bit nervous.

The list:

Baron

Haemie VB, Liquifier

X3 3 Blasterborn
X3 Venom +SC, NS

X2 5 Warriors Blaster
X2 Venom +SC, NS

5 Wyches Haywire Grenades
Venom +SC, NS

8 Wracks +liquifer, Acothyst
Raider +NS

5 Wracks liquifier
Venom +SC, NS

4 Wracks

3 Beastmasters/4 Khymarae/4 Razorwing Swarms

X3 Ravagers +NS

ADL +quad gun (baron and wracks on foot man gun)

I'm trying to find the weak spots of the list, the big one I'm worried about is lists with more than 3-4 fliers in it.

Thoughts?

(and yes I haven't been on this site in a very long time).

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm not sure if 3 blaster born squads is necessary if you have 3 ravagers? Also, I'm assuming baron is your warlord, and a warlord + 4 man squad maning a quad gun screams "shoot me for first blood and warlord". ya a 3 + cover save is gona be nice, but what happens when something deep strikes turn one with a flamer, or can reach your line first turn with a flamer? and volume a fire will take down 3+ saves any day (just ask marine player use to playing dark eldar ;D ). I guess your just gona have to get a bunch of practice games in to see if their survivability on paper matches in play with those wracks.

·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I probably should have given some more context for this list. I have run this at 2k points in 4 tournaments in 6th edition with two 1st places and two 2nd place finishes. But all of those but one were when 6th edition first came out. I’m worried if any of the new codices have spawned any new uber-lists/combos that might give me headaches. The triple-helldrake CSM was a surprise (luckily I was able to kill almost his entire ground army before all 3 showed up!)

With that in mind, the 3 man blasterborn squads have proven to be indispensible. They are great for a 2nd rank of anti-armor. They punish any unit that gets close enough to actually shoot any of my vehicles (thanks nightshields!). Finally, they are a much more vital target for my enemy than my troops. As for the Baron and the 3 wracks on the quad-gun. The baron has only died once and caused considerable damage with that gun. And ANY weapons my opponent shoots at them are long range weapons that aren’t hurting my vehicles (as I deploy outside any serious first turn 24” shooting). In addition the unit is backed supported by my beastpack, so any unit that drops into flame them, faces the beastpack as well as 2 units of warriors, and the aforementioned blasterborn, not to mention the baron himself. Also, I have only lost first blood a few times (always a vehicle then) as the baron gives me first turn the majority of the time. Most of the time, people shoot at them once (if that) and then focus every gun on the venoms/beastpack that are wrecking the majority of their army.

·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well 82 people attended the event and in the 4th and final round I was on table 2 vs a banner of devastation ravenwing list. With a lack of LOS blocking terrain, the winner was going to be whoever went first.....and it was him. He ended up getting best overall...dang.

This list did everything I wanted to do, winning decisively vs 3 very different lists and then only falling to an equally fast and shooty list.

Was a ton of fun and cant wait until next year.

Now to prep for the ATC!

·
Orks_n_Bugs
1,388 Posts
Do you remember the mission and specific list for that last game? Now that you've had some time to think about it is there anything you'd have done differently? Your list looks pretty well balanced so I don't subscribe to the idea that the match-up was unwinnable (if that's a word).

·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It was the diagonal deployment, and he chose the corners that left me with little space to hide my armor 10 vehicles. As such I was unable to hide from 30+ bikes firing 4 times each and 5 MM attack bikes. If it wasn't for scout I might would have been ok with my nightshields. As it was, on my turn I managed to gut his command squad and 2 6 man bike squad but he had already won the attrition battle at that point. For me to have had a chance he would have had a bad shooting phase, obviously that didnt happen. Looking back I can't see what I could have done differently. That extra move made the 24" (18") twin-linked, salvo 4 shooting literally impossible to avoid.

Oh and the mission was modified Kill Points :S

·
Orks_n_Bugs
1,388 Posts
I really don't think that army will work with the next FAQ (depends how many bike and crusaders they selll lol). To me it's clearly meant to only affect boots on the ground.

There was a ravenwing army at the colonial this weekend that I wanted to get matched up against just to see how I could fair against it since it's shiny and new (although this one had 2 darkshrouds and another 6 speeders), don't think he ever got high enough on the tables though.

Kill points is a rough match against that, although his attack bikes are easy KPs. Did he deploy everything? I'd think camping the tougher/less useful infantry behind the aegis and G2G like it's their job, burying the ravagers in the corner to avoid T1 attack bikes (and then IDing said attack bikes), and reserving the venoms and trueborn would be the way to go. Vanguard is probably the worst deployment though since you can't stay totally out of range (H&A) or do a split deployment (DoW). Though I agree that the whole army having scout is really what makes it a huge pain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts