Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum dwellers,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm taking part in a small 1001 pts tournament. The FOC is modified to the following:
0-1 HQ
0-3 Fast and Elite
2-6 Troops
0-1 Heavy

Additionally there is a limit to 3 "light" vehicles (33 armor from front, side and rear) and 1 "heavy" vehicle.
Another modification has been done to the victory conditions: in 3 out of 4 scenarios there are bonus points for managing to destroy the heavy vehicle.

I'm thinking of taking an agressive list:

HQ
Deamon prince, MoS, Wings and Lash - 155pts.

Troops

Khorne Berzerkers x8 - 243pts.
Champion, P. fist
Rhino

CSM x10 - 255pts.
Champion, P. fist
2x meltagun
IoCG
Rhino

Noise Marines x7 - 175pts.
7x sonic blasters

Heavy

Defiler - CCW, reaper outocannon.

The main idea is to create so many important targets that the enemy has to make choices, from which none are good.
With people mainly expecting infantry the Defiler should keep all the attention to itself, allowing my KB to move into position for a charge.

CSM will assist them popping transports, laying down bolter fire and charging in when there is the need. With a power fist on champion they will threaten even the biker nobz.

Noise Marnes will either hold home objective or walk behind rhinos and shoot when they get the chance.

My main worry is about ork hordes. With 90+ possible models on board I'd be having some problems with wiping them out. There are quite a few people playing them in my area.

I could switch to flamers on my CSM, giving me a healthy does of anti-infantry. This would leave me without any solid, mid range anti-armor.

I'd love some advice or comments to the list.

·
Registered
362 Posts
even light anti tank fire can kill your defiler, it is the only template weapon you have to make use of your lash. i think you would be more effective with warptime and a defensive mark, like nurgle or tzeentch, i use tzeentch and then take either bolt of change for anti armor or MC or doombolt for more anti infantry shooting, both of which also benefit from warptime.

i have a hard time saying it, but at 1000 points it is hard to field 3 troops with chaos. i find myself using the berserkers, full squad of 10 and noise marines with sonic blasters. i would test out if a doom siren would be a good idea. possibly a group of chosen to infiltrate or outflank back field threats?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I havent played in any singles tournements less than 1850 points, so I dont really know how helpful this may be.

But at 1001, you could get

20CSM in rhinos with their usual outfit of meltas and what-not
Predator with AC, 2x Las
7 or so noise marines/PMs for objectives
HQ shud be nurgle or Tzeentch, and in 1001 will be especially threatenening

A PredatoR is a bit more shootier vs their "heavy vehicle", than the defiler and has better front armour.

I havent checked up points, shud fit in 1001 yeh?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you for both your replies.

I have play tested using chosen, 2 units of troops and greater deamon before. With 2 units of troops I was getting shot out, even as I gained map domination. The game ended in a draw, as I didn't have troops to put in objectives I cleared.

Both of you advise against a defiler. I'd take a Predator, but I'm missing the model. I got a LR at my disposal though, but at those points it would be preety risky.

Thinking along the lines of eliminating the Defiler I have come up with another variation:

HQ
Deamon Prince,
MoN, Warptime, Wings

Troops

10x CSM
Champ, P.fist
IoCG
2x melta
Rhino.

10x CSM
like above, except for 2 flamers

8x KB
Champ, P.fist, personal icon
Rhino

6x Summoned Lesser Deamons.

With this setup I'm eliminating the Defiler, taking along 4 troop choices, 28 of them MEQ, 2 flamers, 2 meltas, 3 power fists and Lesser Deamons entry point on almost every unit in the list. Deamons can hide behind at home objective (we're using big hills and 7'' high buildings on the tabble, so they will limit line of sight) or grab some cleared objective later in game.

If I put my objective in opponents tabble quarter / half I can use the agressivness of the list to create tactical advantage.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Now that's a much nicer list to see. If the models arent an issue, maybe outfit the rhinos with upgrades such as a combi melta for the melta squad and a combi flamer for the flamer squad, or havoc lauchers.
Although on second thought, you're going for CC, so maybe stay with your list.

Daemons usage varies from enemy to enemy, tau or small IG squads can be help in CC and killed during the enemy turn.Anything higher than STR3 and T3 should be avoided, and objectives instead. Daemons are unreliable and unstable, but thats why we love em right?
Well im playing about 15 lessers and a greater in 1850 and i love it.
Truely chaos.

Only possible problem with your army is multiple transport killer units, like "Deathrain" Xv8 teams or autocannons, so dont forget to use smoke launchers. thei transport killer units can also make your prety daemon prince turn to sludge, so try go for those 7" cover you were talking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.