Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i will participate on a tourney at my local gaming club for this weekend. The armies i will be facing at will probably be: Tyranids, chaos, black templars, necrons, eldar, ultra, spacewolves, catachans. My list will be:

1 Necron Lord (VoD) 160pts
13 Warriors 234pts
12 Warriors 216pts
8 Immortals 224pts
3 Destroyers 150pts
3 Destroyers 150pts
1 Heavy Destroyer 65pts
1 Heavy Destroyer 65pts
1 Monolith 235pts

TOTAL 1499pts
P.O. 10

I mainly think of deep striking the monolith especially against eldar and space marines, Against tyranids and black templars i am thinking of deploy it from the begining. I just hope i wont play against other necrons cos is really really boring!!!!
Any opinions will be much appreciated.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
A little late in the day to go shopping but you need more warriors, lose probably the imortals and the monolith and add about a further 25 warriors would be my advice

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little late in the day to go shopping but you need more warriors, lose probably the imortals and the monolith and add about a further 25 warriors would be my advice
Well i do have 12 more warriors to use but dont u thing that immortals are a must for a necron army? I mean they have awesome shooting. I was just thinking to put somehow one more lord with res orb to support my warriors.....Dunno about that though...I was thinking also about scarabs (have done well against tyranids and black templars)

·
kut maar krachtig
1,323 Posts
Well i would suggest using the following list then:

Lord Orb VoD
Lord Orb

10 warriors
10 warriors
10 warriors

2 Destroyers

Monolith

1495 pts.

nice warrior recycling and some really nice fire power. I know their is not a whole lot of destroyers in their but they have been a costly pain in my battle's so far.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
no I consider immortals pretty uneccessary in all but the largest cron armies and at best optional,

the above list fielding a lith is asking for kicking, you are pretty certain to hit sufficient las cannons to ruin your day

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Afraid i must disagree with you there Cher. Immortals are amazing! :) for just 10pts more that a warrior you get an assault weapon with 1 Higher Str and Lower AP, Increased Toughness too. If i could take Immortals as a troop chice i really would, every time. They can take more pain, move and shoot at longer range. If only i had more... :)

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
well to be fair mate, I dont use crons, but they are pretty much all my step son uses (he has my old spac3e puppies in the attic but they havent seen light of day for many years, he borrows my marines for the odd CP game, but otherwise, week in week out it is crons, now he has tried imortals, pariahs and flayed ones and isnt that keen on any, he can do VOD armies pretty effectively but he beats the pants off everyone else at the local indie stockist, including the manager and staff, based on warriors and lord wtih orb, FA slots pick up either destroyers or wraiht/lord combo, and he fills with the odd heavy D, scarabs etc, but the real power of the army is 60 warriors which keep getting back up

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Lol, true, mass Warriors make for a solid list. I suppose it depends on your playstyle and army makeup really.

Hmm... thats a rare thing in 40K, and whod have thought Crons would have it! (Tactical unit selection)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello again guys! Well i played at the tourney with tha army list posted as it is and i finished 2nd! First game was against eldar and the mission was recon. I managed to win with a crushing victory. Second game was against ultra marines and the mission was take and hold. After an awesome game from both me and my opponent i also managed a crushing victory. The 3rd game was a slaughter for my poor necrons. I played against Blood Angels and the mission was secure and control. The dice gods favoured the marines cos i won the previous battle i guess. Anyway i lost massacre this one. So i finished 2nd.
So i guess i went pretty good! I would have gone better if i had average dice in the last game.

I am planning now to create my close combat necrons for the next tourney!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well pretty soon i guess. I have already bought the destroyer lord and now i am waiting for my wraiths!Of course FOs will come after. For the moment all are in the "construction room" ;) hehe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts