Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I got a tourny I am going to and I want to play my lizards army. Would just like some feedback on the list I rolled up.
----------

Slann Mage-priest
Focused rumination
soul stone
focus of mystery
dispel scroll x 2
425 points

Scar vet
GW
HotCO
BSB
166points

Skink priest
lvl 2
dispel scroll
rod of storms

Skink priest
lvl 2
EotG
390 points

17 saurus w/ spears
Champion and Musician
228 points

20 saurus w/ spears
FC
270 points

10 skink skirmishers
70 points

10 skink skirmishers with javs
80 points

5 Cold one knights
175 points

10 temple guard (I only own 10 of them)
FC
195 points

Total points 2149

So yeah just what is good and what is bad would be great.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Slann Mage-priest
Focused rumination
soul stone
focus of mystery
dispel scroll x 2
425 points
(First of all with 3 casters you will probably be going for magic offence, so i would suggest dropping both scrolls off the slann, give him cupped hands of the old ones and maybe the bane head for character assasination)

Scar vet
GW
HotCO
BSB
166points
(Perfect)

Skink priest
lvl 2
dispel scroll
rod of storms
(Drop the rod of storm and just use him as a scroll caddy +1 scroll)

Skink priest
lvl 2
EotG
390 points
(If you are going for magic offence, then the plaque of tepok is a good option here)

17 saurus w/ spears
Champion and Musician
228 points
(The musician is not necessary in this unit, as the unit should rally with Ld 8 cold blooded)

20 saurus w/ spears
FC
270 points
(With the 2 solid blocks of saurus/temple gaurd, this unit is not necessary, but if you must run it, again command models are not needed - only run champ if there is a character in the unit for protection from challenges, and 18 should be plenty 6x3)

10 skink skirmishers
70 points
(Perfect)

80 points
(I say save the points, and just run blow pipes, with the possible multi shot poison it just makes for a better scare tactic)

5 Cold one knights
175 points
(Perfect, maybe boost up to 6 just to get full bang for your buck)

FC
195 points
(Again command models are not necessary unless you want a magic banner, or putting the scar vet here - stubborn Ld 9 wont run too easy so musician wont be needed. Really needs to be about 14 for full effect, maybe use some basic saurus to make the numbers)

Total points 2149
(Now the only other things i can reccomend are.. if you have the points left over, is
- Salamanders/Razordons: Run as a unit of 1 with extra handler, or a unit of 2 with no extra handler. Salamanders are better in ALMOST all circumstances, but i do find that razordons do a good job of zone denial if run in a unit of 2 or more.
- Stegadon: I find a standard steggy is good for a little range support and the odd flank charge, whereas the ancient is better at getting in close to all the lightly armoured units, causing terror and letting rip with its dartzooka's)

Hope This helps

·
4,361 Posts
Slann Mage-priest
Focused rumination
soul stone
focus of mystery
dispel scroll x 2
425 points
I like the scrolls myself. But dropping them for becalming cogitation is another option for defense.

Scar vet
GW
HotCO
BSB
166points
Give the BSB to the slann.

Skink priest
lvl 2
dispel scroll
rod of storms
I like the rod in this list also.

Skink priest
lvl 2
EotG
390 points
Wardrums and plaque of tepok are good magic items.

17 saurus w/ spears
Champion and Musician
228 points

20 saurus w/ spears
FC
270 points

10 skink skirmishers
70 points

80 points
Core is good, but I agree in not wasting the points giving javelins to the skirmishers.

5 Cold one knights
175 points
You do want to get up to 6 here.

FC
195 points
I would also use some left over saurus to fill in the ranks up to 14. I also agree with dropping the command.
May have to lose a couple saurus and command to free up some points.

Good luck,
SirKently

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.