Librarium Online Forums banner

Would You Put Track Guards on your 'Russ?

• Yes, on both to try and keep them scoring

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Only on a Demolisher, to keep it moving

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Never, keep firing that gun!

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Only for modelling purposes.

Votes: 21 58.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Track Guards -
For the cost of a Stormtrooper/Infantry Heavy Bolter you can give your Leman Russ or Demolisher Track Guards. That's the only damage roll on the tables that let you still fire, however is the only roll that stops you scoring. (Bar the ones where you move D6 in each direction, and from then on can be used as a cover save)
However it's only a 50% chance they'll work too.

Would you? Do You? Do you like them so you can attach all your equipment so your tank looks good?

What's the consus?
P.S. I don't - I'm split between firing & scoring, but in the end I like keeping costs down.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I use them on my Russes but not my Demolisher. It annoys my enemies quite a bit when they fail to immobilise my tanks (I use AC list a lot). Most of my tanks have dozer blades as well to prevent immobilisation.

I really hate it when a deep striked termy squad just wanders up to an immobilised tank and gooifies it with power fists and chain fists!

·
durus
2,578 Posts
I have them on for modelling, but unless I had run out of places to put Plasma Guns, I would never take the points for them. EA and Smoke are all I put on my Russes.

Why take the points for something that works only 50% of the time for a situation that may not happen?:?

·
Monkey Pirate
452 Posts
Track guards went on my tanks after I went and screwed up the tracks of my first Russ( links didn't fit quite right) So I slapped them on to cover up the mistake. I now put them on all my Russes just for the sake of unity. Times I've used the upgrade....2? If ALL of my weapon options are bought out everywhere then ya I'll take them, I want more men personally.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
I voted yes, but not to keep them scoring (and only on a russ - don't use a demolisher yet).
I give them track guards, dozer blade and ea. Reasoning? We play with a couple of long pieces of terrain such as large forests and ruined buildings etc and more often than not end up driving through a terrain piece for a juicy shot at something. It is quite handy being able to ignore the immobilised result some times. I know that many consider it a point sink but it works for me so...

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
I only model it onto my Russes. I don't believe I have ever actually taken the upgrade.
I wouldn't mind doing it on the Demolisher though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
As cool as it is to still count the vehicle as a scoring unit on a 4+ the situation is somewhat unlikely anyway, why not just spend it on more guns?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I really dont put track guards on at all.... the side and rear ar,mor of our tanks are their only weakness so i keep them immobile anyway

1 - 14 of 14 Posts