Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing first. I seem to have stumbled back unto LO after a while away, but one of the reasons I didn’t feel the same excitement about reading* post here is what I am here to criticize now.

Now on to the read topic: I have Feeds from LO (you know, the bookmark that allows you to see topics created) for both ALL of LO, and some of the sub-fora I frequent. And while the sub-fora are fine, it is the site-wide bookmark that troubles me.
You see the thing is, while it is great that the advertising-side of LO (also known as Trader Zone) seems to flourish, it is annoying like no tomorrow that 9/10 (literally) is an advertisement for a sale (on Ebay). I feel that it kind of neglects the whole hobby side of the forum for me, since it is a pain to look though the forum a more manual way when you use it as much as I do.

What I propose is rather simple really, just remove the Trader Zone from the live feed at the front page (of the forum), or in case someone actually enjoys them taking over the Live Feed, then make a separate one for those of us who likes to read and post about wargaming, without the sabotage of Ebay sellers going nuts.

*those who know me know that I read a lot of the posts that passes through here, yet I seldom actually post.

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I use RSS embedded in Firefox. I thought it might be better if we Trade Zone was excluded, unless using RSS from that specific subforum.

It just seems a bit, well, over the top that much more than 75% of posts in the RSS is from Trader Zone:?

Hope it is doable however you choose to handle it Blackhat:happy:

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems to be working, I only get flooded with the trader zone things once in a while now (say every 12 hours i suspect), but it is alot better as I now have a lot less blindspots as to what is going on!

The rest of the subfora are updated as normal as far as I can tell, which makes me all warm and fussy, since I can start reading everything that comes in as i used to do... Who knows, I might end up posting once in every 10-15 topics I read... that would be alot of posts...:?

Thanks a lot Blackhat, well I better get out there and read up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts