Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Spiky
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

I just reread my codex for the I don't know how many time and I just realised that in Lootaz, Burna boyz and tank bustaz entries, there is no mention of transport options. Did I miss something or is it just because you heve to carry them in looted wagons on battlewagons ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I hope not. How else are u meant to get tankbusters and flashgits within range shy of a battlewagon? That said I double checked and your right. I am tempted to ask at GW when I next go in but I am worried I will get answer I wont like

·
Registered
197 Posts
They would be too cheap if you transport them in a trukk. You need to get battle wagons or looted wagons for them. Kind of fitting seeing as they´ve got some mekaniaks tagging along with them now.

I´d get a looted transport with a skorcha and armoured top for the burna boyz.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You're definately stuck with either a looted wagon or a battlewagon, but dont despair! I have used burna boyz in a battlewagon and it works quite excellently. Take a large mob with three meks with big shootas on a battlewagon and you have a very, very, hardy unit that will wade through copious amounts of firepower practically unscathed.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Don't give whatever burna's are riding in 'ard top! then they can't charge out of it with delicious power weapons!! Don't forget the stikkbomb chukka, drive up and assault ANYONE in cover, chances are they die. obviously if they've got 5+ saves burn them. I think that's a philosophy for life right there.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Don't give whatever burna's are riding in 'ard top! then they can't charge out of it with delicious power weapons!! Don't forget the stikkbomb chukka, drive up and assault ANYONE in cover, chances are they die. obviously if they've got 5+ saves burn them. I think that's a philosophy for life right there.

I'm actually having great success with 12 Burna Boyz in a Looted Wagon with Red Paint and Stikkbomb Chukka. Usually my opponents focus on my Trukks or 30-strong Shootas, so the Wagon can sneak up on their HQs!!! I've takin' to calling them "Da Hit Squad" or "Termie Torchas".

Pretty good for 225pts...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, never been that strong on the base rules, so maybe this is covvered somewhere and I don't know it, but if I load some lootas in a waggon or looted tank, can they fire from the moving vehical? Or do they still count as having moved? (assuming it remains open topped)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Assault vs heavy weapons

Hi, never been that strong on the base rules, so maybe this is covvered somewhere and I don't know it, but if I load some lootas in a waggon or looted tank, can they fire from the moving vehical? Or do they still count as having moved? (assuming it remains open topped)
2 tiered answer. If you mount lootas in a battlewagon the looted weapons cannot fire if the battlewagon moves as they are heavy weapons. However, if you upgrade some of the lootas to meks, they can fire their kustom mega blastas as they are assault weapons, if I remember right they .. if they are heavy weapons well their in the same boat as the lootas.

SUMMARY:
-Heavy weapons cannot fire from a moving vehicle, assault weapons can fire from a moving vehicle as per the standard moving vehicle rules IE vehicle moves 6 inches may fire, more 12 cannot.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
I just thought I'd throw out that the chances of Lootas needing a transport is pretty slim. They have an excellent range and can't use their weapons if they move so there should be little incentive to do anything other than sit still and blast things.

Katie D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
dakka wagon

I just thought I'd throw out that the chances of Lootas needing a transport is pretty slim. They have an excellent range and can't use their weapons if they move so there should be little incentive to do anything other than sit still and blast things.

Katie D
Most likely correct. I used the new dakkwagon effectively this weekend
Battlewagon
-4 Bigshootas
-5 lootas with 3 upgrade meks, with 3 swapped in big shootas
+2 lootas who can add shooting if they don't move.

Total str 5 shots= 21+ 2D3 str 7 if they don't move

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.