Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you ppl transport your DP's with wings and your defilers back and forth to games? I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but seeing as they are CSM models I figured this would be the best place. Thanks for any tips/advice in advance!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I use Sabol cases, so I have spots that fit them plucked out of the foam.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I use a custom cut layer of foam for my 2 wingged DPs, defilers, and my warhound.

·
Returning Lawman!
1,712 Posts
I have one of the GW 'Pluck out' foam trays. It makes transporting things like these a breeze.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use Sabol cases, so I have spots that fit them plucked out of the foam.
I've seen these cases in my local comic book store and the largest are like 4in. tall I think. Are these really deep enough for the defiler and a winged DP? Also how do you put your defiler together without gluing the torso on? Someone here said with pins but how many do you use, because I don't think one would be enough. Also, if you pin it, is it actually sturdy enough? Thanks everyone for the advice so far.

·
Returning Lawman!
1,712 Posts
From my experience, one is most definately not enough. I would say three could do it, in a triangular shape.
Its fairly sturdy, so long as you drill the pins a fair way in.

Reactions: DrkApostate

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
For my DP, I too use pluck-out foam trays. He rides with my Chaos Lord, Raptor Champion, Kroot Master Shaper (don't ask) and 2 Rhinos. As for my 2 Defilers, I use a seperate box for them and my Predator.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I magnetized My defiler base to the body. The magnets are about 3/8" round and 1/16" thick. Just paint the magnets as you would the rest of the defiler and you can never tell. Plus he can now rotate to fire at stuff .

Other than that, I went to a fabric store and bought a chunk of foam about 8" thick. Cut it to fit inside an old suitcase, then cut holes to fit all my large models. A piece of 1" foam covers everything. Total cost: about $30.00 (plus old suitcase). Said suitcase also holds all my books, templates and dice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts