Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that the Treekin and Treemen should be immune to poison. If you think about it they take extra damage from fire because they are trees. While by the same respect poison wouldn't spread through the body as quickly or even be effective because they are trees.

Your thoughts?

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Let me say it this way: If anything should be immune to poison, that's Undead. Undead are not immune to poison in WHFB. So why should Trees be?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I thought poison would just affect anything organic...like flesh and tree. Anything living (I know undead are not living but they still have flesh/bone/bone marrow and maybe even blood as bone marrow creates red blood cells if I remember correctly...although it probably only affects undead to make the them more fair...otherwise they would have to make them cost more in terms of points (and that would be bad....). However, these trees are living, and therefore poison affects them. It makes sense to me :O

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The universal rules such as poisoned attacks I think assume that the enemy will 'prep' their poisoned weapons with the appropriate 'poison' for the opponents that they will soon face. I've always assumed that when it comes to attacking undead, they coat their weapons in either acid or some sort of holy/unholy ungeant that breaks apart the spells holding the undead together.

Same goes for attacking trees. They know they are going to fight them, so they prep with the fantasy version of herbicide or whatever.

Where this whole theory falls apart though is when big battles occur where the same troops have to fight allied opponents. Typically only an issue when you get bizzare match ups.

A big army of Dark Elves fighting High Elves allied with um, Tomb Kings.

Dark Elf Witches looking over the field prior to the battle.

"Ah. Our hated kin. Our venomed blades will slow their limbs, stop their breath and explode their hearts. Um....what are those?"

"Ushabti I believe they are called. Made of stone, lapis lazuli and bronze."

"Khaine's left nut! Did anyone bring any muriatic acid?"

Well. Whatever.

Reactions: DavidWC09

·
Registered
482 Posts
I see no reason why they couldn't hve multiple poisons on the same weapon :shifty:
All the more evil as I see it! Or they could have different weapons for different enemies when they go to battle...

Well. Whatever. (..:shifty: ..)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
It kind of brings back the question about exactly how long a turn of game play represents. I've always thought that part of the reason that when you run out of game turns you stop is because the sun has gone down(or up if you're playing VCs). I realize that it also could represent the time before other forces arrive or whatever.

Once again, this is subjective, and perhaps dependent on exactly where the units are on the battlefield. Just for example, we might suggest that the game turn is anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.

The longer in time a turn represents, the less cheesy I find poisoned weapons against varied opponents to be.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't see trees being imune to poison. But then again I also hate the fact that brit archers take em down with fire arrows in like 2 seconds...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well at least butcher are immune to poison....yeah me :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
they should not be immune to poison. Who knows ehat the poison does when it enters the trees, maybe it makes the bark/wood dying. They are fine as they are

Good Hunting!

·
Registered
482 Posts
elfwarden said:
Good Hunting!
Of trees? Why of course! Next time I play Wood Elves I am going to make sure my skinks kill AT LEAST one tree! Mwhahahaha! (Coughs...Chokes....Then dies....).....(..Painfully..).....

·
Registered
999 Posts
Master_Bungle said:
Of trees? Why of course! Next time I play Wood Elves I am going to make sure my skinks kill AT LEAST one tree! Mwhahahaha! (Coughs...Chokes....Then dies....).....(..Painfully..).....

Treekin -> skinks:

Splat, bash, FORE!!!!!. "nicely done hole in one!":)

Reactions: Master_Bungle

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am not sure what you mean by spirit, but the trees are the spirits right? Well, if the poison damages the spirits physical form (ie. the tree) then the spirit can't exist in a....well physical form!

Navnlos Sjel said:
yay for skink eating trees!
Yeah...well....you just watch out for..er...Tree eating Skinks!!! :w00t:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I reckon they should be able to be harmed because the poison is nondescript. It could be a poison that would damage them. I always thought that in these instances, the model with the poisoned attacks uses whatever poison will affect the army he is against.

Hey, another question...

Does the Skaven spell warp-lightning count as a fire attack? It's pretty toasty after all.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LokiAus said:
Does the Skaven spell warp-lightning count as a fire attack? It's pretty toasty after all.
This is a Wood Elf Forum, Silly RatMan.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, but being knowledgable wood elf players, I figured you would have had some experience with the said spell. If you don't that's cool.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah...well....you just watch out for..er...Tree eating Skinks!!!
Thanks for the advice :p

I also see your point about the physical form being destryoed making the spirts useless.

As for the skaven lover :p lightning is just a MM.

·
Registered
241 Posts
oh you silly silly ratman! hahah ;)

but yeah tree eating skinks....I can't say that would taste very good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.