Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I really really want to try a list with triple palanquins, the idea being to convert 3 semi-painted Marauders (I'll give the characters 4 arms Goro-style to motivate me to FINISH 'EM!) and stick them on top of Nurglings from Daemons of Chaos (which I just bought today) - I know, I know, I'm a cheap-ass SoaB!

This is my first instinct in terms of list building:

Chaos Lord of Nurgle

• Palanquin
  • T.Preservation
  • Trickster's Helm
  • Great Weapon (I'm thinking something huge enough to need 4 arms to wield)
  • Soul Feeder
  • Flaming Breath
  • Nurgle's Rot
Goes in the center of a block of 16 Nurgle Chosen (5x4 Banner of Haste) with FC & Great Weapons. Champ takes on any challenger leaving only 50mm of Chosen for allocated attacks.

Level 2 Sorcerer (Lore of Nurgle)

• Palanquin
  • Glittering Robes
  • Scaled Skin
  • Charmed Shield (1 arm & a weapon)
  • Channeling Staff (2 arms)
Level 2 Sorcerer (Lore of Nurgle)
  • Palanquin
  • Opal Amulet
  • The Other Trickster's Shard (1 arm)
  • Chaos Familiar (1 arm - Pet Nurgling)
  • Enchanted Shield (1 arm and a weapon)
Both go into a bus formation of 17 Nurgle Warriors with shields/FC.

This gives me plenty of low-risk magical spam options and 12 wounds combined on my characters (all of which have a 2+ armor save or better).

Warshrine of Nurgle

I know it's not a POWA-List, but I think it could be fun with a Nurgle Warshrine sitting between the two units to buff all those characters (and to give the Chosen a nice starting roll).

Any other ideas/theories for a triple palanquin list?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I like the vision I'm getting visually, and you could do an awesome Epidimius style conversion using the fat goblin king from the hobbit models :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've always loved the concept of palanquins and I think they are very underused since the go to in the demonic mount. BUT 4 WOUNDS IS CRAZY! Don't forget about swiftstride in some rare situations the palanquin ends up on its own.

I do enjoy the idea you have with how you want to build the models. I want to see some updates as you go! :)

Whats the rest of the list going to look like? Might need some fast cav or something to hunt warmachines since there is no LOS for the palanquins.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've always loved the concept of palanquins and I think they are very underused since the go to in the demonic mount. BUT 4 WOUNDS IS CRAZY! Don't forget about swiftstride in some rare situations the palanquin ends up on its own.

I do enjoy the idea you have with how you want to build the models. I want to see some updates as you go! :)

Whats the rest of the list going to look like? Might need some fast cav or something to hunt warmachines since there is no LOS for the palanquins.
Well, I'll build one first and see how it turns out.

As for war machines, I was thinking two units of 10 warhounds with vanguard and poison (crazy I know!).

For special I'll use a Chimera.

Rare will be Skullcrushers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is not a bit risky bring a chimera without a flying lord or DP because their low Ld? For its prize 8 trolls could be a better option to advance close to your bunkers.

Why the chimera?

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
The individual builds looks fine - it's the backing units that have me curious.
Why Chosen rather than Warriors? Especially when they're really just bunkering anyways.
Why Warriors rather than Marauders for your other regiment? You have two characters up front soaking up wounds in combat, so all that you have to worry about is the SB getting hit front and center, and any damage you might take from shooting/magic on the way in. I'm just thinking that with two characters up front, you should be netting enough attacks to win combat, and with the same value of Marauders to fill out ranks rather than Warriors, you might also break Steadfast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts