Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just wanted to report on my first full RT tournament. I'm just excited; was a lot of fun. Best part about it was that I've been only playing <= 1500 PT games and so round one was the first actual 2250 PT game I had ever played. Great way to experience Lord level characters, eh?

Round 1
I played against another Wood Elf army. Pretty standard list. He had a treeman, some dryads, wardancers, unit of EG, warhawk riders, treekin, 2 units of Glade Guard, waywatchers, and all of his characters in the EG unit. I did really well for most of the battle. I ended up leaving my alter out in the open on accident once and he got blown away with arrows, *tear. Huge mega battle with his Treeman and Treekin versus my Eternal Guard and later my Warhawk Riders and Wardancers and his Eternal Guard. He ended up killing my Lord and Branchwraith giving him the victory. (Note of RT: 200 VP difference is a win. I thought this was weird because the normal chart says up to 299 is still a Draw. Oh well less points for me)

Round 2
Next, I went up against Nurggles. (For those of y'all who have ever been to the Alamo tournament in TX, I was playing Jim Bailey.) I took down his 600 PT papa nurggle with Glade Guard! (5 wounds on round one from 20 GG!!! Don't you love close range with GG?) Was awesome. I had the game for a tie or win probably until the dice gods laid down the wraith haha! My EG unit got reduced down to one less unit strength and lost. Fear auto break. Bye bye lord and EG haha. Result: loss.

Round 3
For the last round I was matched up against Ogres. (Themed as quill boars from WoW) Before this round was when I realized that when writing out the copy of my list to take to the tournament, there was a typo worth ~75 PTS less than my list originally was set up for. Let's just call it a 75 PT handicap on me because I am sooo good. Oh sighs. Too bad they don't do list checks before hand. Would have helped out a lot. Anyways, I learned from my first games and came back and massacred the Ogres.

Just wanted to inform the world about my first RT tourney! :party:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on the win against ogres. Unfortunate about that 75 pt handicap. I remember my first RTT which was actually my first game ever. needless to say i didn't end up as good as you but i did get 3rd in comp:)

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
congrats. I thought you had been playing for a long time (just not the bigger point games eh)

Do you live in Texas? I used to live in San Antonio and am now up in the panhandle. A bunch of our WHFB club are going to Lonewolf and usually make it down to the Alamo.

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@buckero0 : Yeah I've been playing for ~1 year but I've been slowing building up my forces so as not to blow lots of money without having XP with the game etc. Just finally got it up to 2250!!! I do live in TX. I'm from Houston, but I am currently at school in San Antonio. I hope to go to Alamo next year and it would be awesome to go to Lonewolf but don't think I'll be going.

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
Nice to see you had fun mate. Those big tourney's are always a steep learning curve.

What list did you take?

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.