Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Still kickin'
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright,

I've been away from the hobby and the site for far too long. Now it is time to get back to it and get some armies done. First up to the plate are my Dark Angels. My tanks are nearly complete, and just need some details and transfers added to be done. I also plan to finish up my Dreads in the very near future.

I also have 5 Assaulty Terminators assembled and magnetized, so I can use either the hammers and shields, or the pair of claws as the situation dictates. I plan to add the 5 Termies from the Black Reach box, and be able to mix and match 10 of them (11 with the guy that came in the White Dwarf that I used as a test of the quality and use-ability of the Black Reach Termies)

Next up are my Drop Pods. I have 2 partly assembled, and plan on painting them in a not-entirely-assembled state, so I can do the interior details without the top half getting in the way.

Finally will come the Ravenwing. I have 12 Bikes, 2 Attack Bikes, Chappy on Bike, 4 Tornadoes, 1 Typhoon, and Sammael on Speeder.

My Dev, Assault and Tac Squads are in a mixed state, with some partly painted, and many still unassembled. They will come near the end, followed by my HQ, Scouts and other Characters.

Below is the state of my Armour (Minus the Land Raider):

Thanks for stopping by my Project Log, I look forward to your comments.

-T

·
Still kickin'
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Here's the one I'm working on now. Need to paint the searchlight, skulls on the weapons and other small details, and clean up some stuff, then I will be applying the decals. As the title suggests, these are all WIP.

It's hard to tell because of the flash, but this one has working headlights. (LEDs):

Here are my Bikes so far, including an unopened attack bike, and enough stuff to make one more in the back. Very WIP:

-T

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome Back

Hi Troszkowsky. Welcome back.

I am impressed with your armour section - lots of heavy support goodness! Looks like you have quite the extensive DA project planned. I look forward to seeing your army develop.

Not sure if it is there and the long-shot picture just does not capture it well, but one thing I would suggest is to drybrush or extreme highlight the edges of your tanks. Other than that, as a work in progress they are looking good.

·
Will eat your soul.
567 Posts
Hey Troszkowsky, good to see another Dark Angels player on the forums. I can see you are a keen treadhead. The LED's are a nice touch to the tanks. I do think they would benefit from a light drybrush or line highlight of a light green.
May I ask what turret is on the Whirlwind? I look forward to seeing this army progress.
Cheers
Sknight567

·
Still kickin'
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been a long time (over a year) since I updated my Dark Angels Project, so I'll put up a few more bad photos for you to see.

This Army isn't just tanks...

Still has a ton of work to do. Will be working on these sporadically. Next will be terminator arms and putting some color on second bike squad.

-T

·
Registered
274 Posts
lol, thats the real value of this compatition, just gives you fresh inspiration to do new stuff. once i have done my libby ill post it on the compatition thread but now im engrossed in finishing converting my Dark vengance minis into imperial fists :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
:[ i wish i had room in my toy fund for things like that. mind you, i still have alot of work to do on my DV box, aftrer having shaved off the DA icons and slicing into my finger i need to sculpt my fists logos :/ lol

·
Still kickin'
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
.... mind you, i still have alot of work to do on my DV box, aftrer having shaved off the DA icons and slicing into my finger i need to sculpt my fists logos :/ lol
I just opened mine last night. The good news is, mine are good to go for painting right out the box. :p

T

·
Still kickin'
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol, was never a big DA fan. the fists are definitely more my style. plus I'm less likely to lose them :p

do you always use those tamiya paints? you need to thin them quite a bit. plus they smell funny :p
Most of the time I do. I have a tube of white acrylic paint from an art store, and I use Citadel washes, but other than that, almost everything I have painted aside from my oldest models (which were badly painted with GW paints) have been with Tamiya. And yes, I do thin them out a bit on a paint palette before applying. I found that the pots are cheaper, much more accessible to me, and last eons longer than Citadel paints in their old pots. All I have purchased since the new Citadel pop top pots are the washes, but Tamiya works well enough for me. Oh, and I use 3 different Vallejo flesh tones, since Tamiya is a bit limited in their options there.

T

·
Registered
274 Posts
yeah, i used to use the tamiya ones for a bit. i jusdt couldnt get them to work for me. i use vallejo now :D much better. at the end of the day use what works for you :p
tamiya have some pretty apic colours though, including flourescent and clear colours. very cool..

·
Still kickin'
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll snap some more pics soon. It's about time to start applying about 48ish shoulder pad transfers... Then I plan to fix my Chaplain Bike (apart in right side of picture there), then I will get the Speeders out, and try to get them in a usable condition.

T

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'll snap some more pics soon. It's about time to start applying about 48ish shoulder pad transfers... Then I plan to fix my Chaplain Bike (apart in right side of picture there), then I will get the Speeders out, and try to get them in a usable condition.

T
why not order pre-sculpted shoulder pads? costs, yes.... but looks just as good as transfers (some would say better than transfers....)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts