Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attempting to setup a competitive list with the models as I have.
I can still switch around special weapons and I have the other heavy weapons left from the sprues. Anyone got any ideas?
HQ:
CCS -60
Autocannon

Troops:
1x Platoon
PCS -50
AutoCannon

SWS -70
3x flamers
1x demo

IS -60
AutoCannon
IS -60
AutoCannon

1x Platoon
PCS - 50
4X GL

IS -55
GL
IS -55
GL

Vet Squad: 130
3x Meltaguns
Forward sentries

Elite
:
Marbo -65

Fast Attack:
1x Devil dog -120
- HF
1x Devil dog -120
- HF
1x Hellhound -130
-HF

Heavy support:
2x Griffin -150p
-HF
1x Medusa -140p
-Bastion breacher
-HF

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
HQ:
Looking good here. Nice and cheap so it shouldn't draw to much attention to itself.

TROOPS:

1st Platoon is ok. Finding the points to stick g-Launchers into the Infantry squads would be nice. A cheap str6 or Blast is handy to have.

2nd Platoon is an odd one. Running Guardsmen are fine but without commissars they tend to get shot up and die hideously and then run away. If you going to have running guardsmen grab a commissar, otherwise i'd stick to having a Gunline. If i were you though, I'd ditch the second platoon and use the points to get another unit of Melta gun Veterans and buy Chimeras for both units.

Melta Vets. Good but on foot they wont get anywhere near a tank, Infact they only place they'll get is that shining place in the sky. Drop the Forward Sentries and get these boys a transport.

FAST:
Looks good. Not tried Devil dogs myself but always wanted to try them out.

HEAVY:
I like Griffons. Cheap and nasty against hoards. can even pound light vehicles like Ork trucks and speeders to death if the need arises.

Medusas. I don't like these tanks. I think they're an artilary peice trying to be a battle tank. they've got a hideously powerful gun that can trash anything (if it hits) but they don;t have the armour to back it up. Armour 12/10 and open topped is very vunerable to fire and not be a barage weapon you'll be exposed to fire. Personally i'd grab demolishers or maybe 2 Hydras for the points.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have one more basilisk kit use and I thought a medusa would t least somewhat fill the hole in my army.

Also this only adds up to about 1350 anyone got any ideas on what I could do too stretch out more points without having to order more models?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.