Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best turn-counter ever!

Alright, I've seen my fair share of army-based turn counters. Orks, Chaos, Imperial... they're all nice and spiffy, but they all look like turn counters! Just this evening, I had the idea for the best turn counter ever, and I thought I'd share it.

It's a poker table! :p Basically, this will be kinda large, with a green base and table top, black rimmed table, and six backed black chairs evenly spaced around the table. There will be six models sitting around the table, and I'm going to go in clockwise order:

Space Marine: The Space Marine will be painted new-school Ultramarine style. He'll be slouching back a bit in his chair. His right foot will be angled so his toes are at the table base, while his heel is slightly away on the ground. His left leg will be bent 45 degrees, turned outward, and placed so his left foot is resting on his right shin. He'll be looking at his cards, holding them in both hands at the table edge.

Chaos Marine: This guy's going to be painted black with either bright red or bright purple highlights. He's gonna have horns, chains, chaos bits... basically, converted to heck. His chair is going to be tipped back, with his left leg hanging off the side, and his right foot on the table. He's leaning back because he's trying to get a glance of the Marine's cards! His cards are held at his waist as well.

Eldar Ranger: This guy's going to be fun to paint. He'll be sitting upright in his chair, with his head turned to look at the Fire Warrior. Cards near his chest. He'll be painted black, with a white faceplate and underarmour. Green eyes. His cameleoline cloak is going to be on, and hanging off the back of his chair. This is where the fun painting comes in. I'm going to paint him so that you can "see" what is exactly on the opposite side of his cloak. Since his cloak ripples, well, let me explain in this way. Remember those three dimensional charts back in Geometry class? Picture one of those, where the top of the vertical line is your eye, the plane is the ranger's cloak, and the botton of the vertical line is the thing on the opposite side. Anyways, it'll be very sweet looking.

Tau Fire Warrior: The Fire Warrior will have an urban scheme, with white paint on the right half of his helmet, codex grey on the left, and black on the bottom. Green eyes. He's going to be leaning forward, throwing in a few chips. I plan to have the chips in a shotgun pattern, connected by tiny black wires. His left hand will be holding his cards face down on the table.

Necron Warrior: The Necron Warrior is going to be painted Boltgun Metal, with some rust effects, and looking at the chips the Fire Warrior is throwing. Sitting straight in his chair(he's a robot, he doesn't need to slouch!)

Ork Slugga Boy: Standard orky paint for him. Now, when it came to the Ork's pose, angry came to mind, but he needed to have something to be angry at! Since Orks aren't the best at lying(I'd think they are honest), the Ork will be holding his cards in his right hand, in the air, while with his left he'll be pointing at the Chaos Marine. Angry face! The Marine's cheating! Waaagh!

Now, how does this turn into a turn counter? Well, it's a bit clever, if I say so myself.
First of all, the pile of chips will be in the shape of a flamer template, albeit smaller(naturally!). The chip pile will rotate. Then, starting with the Ranger, each player will have a different number of stacks. The Ranger will have one main stack, Fire Warrior has two, Necron has three... all the way to six!

I had a few other ideas to go with this, and though I think they'll make the thing a bit cluttered, I'll list them here anyways.

My most feasible idea was a grot. Have a grot hanging from the table edge to the right of the Ork, holding on with his fingers and nose on the table, and his little legs flailing about in the air!

Second idea was to have an off-duty guardsman and battle sister on a date! Sister would be modeled like Ada from Resident Evil 4, her left arm around the guardsman's neck, right arm holding around his waist playing with one of his buttons. The guardsman will be wearing a grey suit, with white undershirt, and black tie and shoes. Crew cut hairdo. His right arm will be around the sister's waist, maybe grabbing at her butt! Left hand in his pocket, and he'll either be smiling or laughing.

Third idea was to have a Dark Eldar Warrior standing behind the Ranger, pointing at a couple of his cards as though he was suggesting something.

Fourth idea was to have a Tyranid thrown in somehow, maybe sitting under the table or gnawing at one of the player's chair legs... maybe the Chaos Marine's. I wanted to include all of the "main" races in this one, but Tyranids aren't really the card-playing type, and I only have six spots at the table.

Anyways, I hope you guys like this. You might've figured out by now that when it comes to gaming I can be serious, but when it comes to modeling I love to be funny! Comments, anyone?

·
Registered
92 Posts
this will be so hard to model. but i love it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
:lol: That may just be the greatest turn counter, nay! warhammer related idea i've ever heard. If you manage to make, it I take my hat off to you. The grot sounds like a good idea, the SoB and guardsman on a date, while being a deadly idea, should maybe e saved for some other project. Don't forget; more is less. Have you thought about what you are going to paint onto thier cards? Anyone going to have a royal flush? Maybe you could give the chaos spacemarine something like five aces:shifty: , the cheater!
Anyway best of luck with that.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'd love to see that! Sounds hard though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts