Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to be the guy who sits there staring at other peoples models and thinking i could never do that sort of thing but when i actually sat down and gave it a try, i found that its not actually that hard to make something a little different. bases are great for this because no matter how good your model looks he needs to be standing on something. so i decided to make a few and see how it goes ...

#1 is just your average GW base with a couple of pebbles and painted to look like water

#2 is just sand and PVA painter snot green then gone over with goblin green (with a couple of rocks painted in there)

#3 is a small piece of plasticard and an old table-tennis net painted mithril silver (i also cut a small grove to look like the joining of 2 sheets of metal and some tiny dents around the edges to look like rivets)

#4 is another simple one, its just a normal base with tooth-pick tips glued around the edges and a SM helmet on it painted just black with a chaos symbol under the helmet

#5 is just like #3 but with an extra "level" i just put another piece of plasticard under the first and under half the netting and cut a tooth-pick down the middle for cables

these each took about 30 seconds each to do and they are just a little something to help "complement" your model and make it look a little different to all those others out there.

ps: please excuse the pics, couldn't get camera to focus properly

hope this helps some of the new people who are coming into the wonderful world of warhammer

·
KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS!
3,922 Posts
heya stugg, so nice and concise. I might suggest taking individual pictures(clearer) and putting links to each of them on the 1 through 5, so people interested can click and take a better look. The picture is a bit blurry, it looks like you tried to get too close. If you have a reasonable camera you could back up a bit take the picture and use your photo editor to make it bigger.

Hope this helps.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Hey Stugg... as you said. Despite these being simple they are effective to complement a model on the table... rep for you! ;Y

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i don't know what happened with the camera, i took them from quite a way away from them, the width of that pic is about 1/3 of the whole shot i took but it just wouldn't focus. i was probable shaking a bit or something. but this is just a simple tutorial to help some people who might be a bit stuck so you kinda get the picture (lol get it :p i made a pun)

·
KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS!
3,922 Posts
Are you making use of a "macro" feature on the camera? (its usually signified by a flower symbol)
(BTW, as an aside, please capitalize your "I" when referring to yourself, grammar and punctuation doesn't need to be PERFECT but he goes a LONG way in helping people who don't know the english language well to understand it easier if there is a standard.) Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm I don't usually touch any of the settings on my camera lol I spent the whole afternoon when I got it trying to get the dam thing to work and now that it does I'm not sure if I really want to be going and fiddling with it lol:D

ya sorry bout my English lol i should realy get it fixed, especially since I'm wanting to go teach English in japan lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts