Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Recently converted some of my Space Marines so that they are weilding 2 bolters. To represent this on the battle feild i thought that if my opponent agreeed to let these models have the twin linked ability for +5 pnts per model. he did and it made for some interesting combat, i was wondering if i should make the rule only possible if your squad has access to the skill "True Grit" (Basically allows my marines to use boters one handed as to get an extra attack in Assault) or to make it so that the "True Grit" Skill allows the Squad to Use double bolters for the twin linked ability or the extra attack. Tell me what ya think!

·
Pure Venom.
1,572 Posts
I'd have to say that if your opponent allows you to use these rules, they should have to pay for true grit in addition to the twin-linked, and they shouldn't get the +1 attack for 2 CCWs normally gained, as two boltguns will make an incredible amount of recoil. That or they should have to choose between them at the beginning of a turn.

LoC

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hmm a Grey Knight costs 10 more points than a Space marine. Let's see what he gets for it:

storm bolter (comperable to twin linked bolters-better at medium range, worse at short range)
true grit
srt 6 ccw
aegis
shrouding

Of course it's not official, but paying 5 pts for half of that seems fair to me. I'd be fine playing it under house rules as long as you asked first. . .

I once played a person who swore that because his inquisitor had two plasma pistols that he could shoot them both as they where one handed weapons. I told him that there is no specal rule like that for inquisitors, and that only mosterous creatures can shoot two weapons in one turn. (without a specal rule.) needless to say the store owner ruled that he had an expensive CCW. . . .

I could excuse it as a noob mistake, but he'd been playing for years, and I at the time was the noob. Is there such thing as a perpetual noob, or does it eventually qualify you as an idiot?

ps sorry bout my digression. . .

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sometimes, if you play with people who don't know the rules for a long time, and never bother to look them up, this happens. That's why telling them is important!
If he wasa store owner, then I'd say idiot might be in order. If he was just a regular gamer, then perhaps not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.