Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive seen people use twin linked in a few ways, but how is it really used? do you take 2 shots, 1 shot with a reroll, or 2 shots with rerolls? i feel really stupid to ask this, so please don't ridicule.

·
Registered
655 Posts
This one is fairly well answered, but I may have a bit of insight into why you see twin-linked being used multiple ways. There are, as far as I can tell, three possibilities, in increasing order of probability.

1) People are being dirty cheaters.

2) People don't understand the rules.

3) People are rolling both to-hit dice at the same time. As long as one scores a hit, then the gun has scored a hit. This is done instead of rolling one die at a time, as it speeds things up. You would not, of course, hit twice if both scored a hit. My friends and I tend to roll this way frequently.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree, this has had to be the fourth "twin linked" topic this month that I've seen.
I thinkits that people take advantage of beginners to get easy wins. Or just that people don't take time reading (or don't want to buy) the rulebook. There are many theories.

Sorry for going off topic, but it had to be said.
Anyway, this is well answered in previous posts, and Im sure you'll be fine (pg. 30 RB).

HPA

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Right:

Twin Linked: you may re-roll the dice that failed to hit ONCE. This means a Heavy bolter with 3 shots can re-roll each of those 3 shots if they miss, but may only re-roll each once.

And so, closed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.