Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know firsthand that its way, way too easy to sink too many points into an Inquisitor and his retinue. Therefore I sat down and drew up some Inquisitors which looked plausible to me without going too overboard on points. Eventually I plan to include one in aan 1,850 point tournament army. The main reason I don't want to spend a whole lot on the Inquisitors is that the best feat of the WH is the Sisters Acts of Faith and I want to get as many of those as I can.

First up: the Shooty Inq:

1x Sage
3x Warrior w/ GL (or PLasma Guns, I still can't decide ;) )
3x acolytes w/ bolter & carapace armor

1x Inq / Inq Lord w/ Stormbolter & psycannon bolts
(+ Inq w/ Power Armor)

Psychic power: Hammerhand

So for an Inquisitor Lord it comes to 190 points, and 175 for an Iquisitor

Now a CC Inq:

2x Chirurgeons
Familiar
3x Crusaders
3x Acolytes w/ power weapon & carapace armor

Inq / Inq Lord w/ Force wepaon, digital weapon, bolt pistol

(+ Inq w/ Power armor)

Psychic power: Scourging

So for an Inquisitor Lord that comes to 245, and 230 for an Inquisitor.

---Now the chief reason I'd field thie above Shooty Inquisitors is merely to be able to field an Assassin. The Warriors have BS 4 so they can give some decent fire support, and the unit isn't so powerfully overwhelming that it would immediately attract enemy attention. It may also let me field a Land Raider. :) Hammerhand is merely an emergency measure fo melee.

The CC Inquisitors seem, to me, to have some decent punch: 7 power weapons! And the Force Sword is going on I5. 8) . The Inqisitor Lord will get 5 attacks in a normal melee, 6 on a charge, and will be able to negate 1 wound regardless of what caused it.

Looking over the lists I don't think I'm overpaying for what I'm getting.

What do you tink?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Personally I think it depends on your support units. If you have a mass of sisters providing backup with bolters? Go with CC. If you're not as Sister heavy I'd go for Shooty. Either way, get them a transport as their range will suck all around.

Also, I think Acolytes can technically afford power armor and bolters instead of just carapace. That'll give you a better save and overall boost the survival rating of your retinue.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I would go with Shooty-Plasma. Reason being, Sisters lack medium to long range ap 2 weapons. Without taking the all useless IST, you get more plasma shots then a squad of IST with the added bonus of being able to take the beloved assassins. Also- when equiped with plasma, bolter acolites will be rather pointless.

Mabe something like this:
Inquistor(not lord) with nothing but a psi-hood. this makes him realy cheap, and realy a pain in the butt.
3 warriors with plasma guns(mabe make one a servitor w/cannon)
3 familiars(red-shirts)
2 sages(for rerolls)

Don't have my 'dex on me but they turn out to be around 140. wich is pretty(kinda) cheap.

Hope I was of use
-Cypher

·
Registered
819 Posts
My reasoning against HBs is sisters can take HBs(often you seen retributor squads with four).

The whole point of plasma, is that it fills a gap that the sisters need filled.:yes:
In addition, one oft overlooked disadvantage of servitors, is BS3.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Cypher19 said:
In addition, one oft overlooked disadvantage of servitors, is BS3.
Where do you read this? Reading the codex now, it says that "All Warrior Henchman have BS 4 (except the Crusader who has WS 4 instead)".
The word "All warrior henchman" includes all the warriors that you can take:
  • Crusader,
  • Vet Guardsman,
  • Combat and
  • Gun servitor.

Yes or No... ?

·
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SmokWawelski said:
Where do you read this? Reading the codex now, it says that "All Warrior Henchman have BS 4 (except the Crusader who has WS 4 instead)".
The word "All warrior henchman" includes all the warriors that you can take:
  • Crusader,
  • Vet Guardsman,
  • Combat and
  • Gun servitor.

Yes or No... ?
You are correct sir!

Optionally, I could take the Plasma Cannon & HB option if I wanted a stationary fire supposrt team.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Feeew - goood. I am almost done converting two Clan Goliath HB guys into =][= "servitors" and I would hate to see them go to waste :|

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oh, whoops! Sorry! I mistook it for that servitors don't have WS 4.

Still, I find the cannon servitor to be way too expensive, also I find it too restricting movement-wise.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
servitors have the same movement value as the rest of the squad ya jus can't move and fire so it really depends on what type u want i find a shooty =][= unit can be the equal if not better than a retributer squad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts