Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have been pondering about these two things for quite a while:

1. When a treeman uses his shooting attack the rules state he does not need LoS, does this mean he can shoot at a unit who is on the other side of a wall or wood? (Cannot imagine another situation where he does not have LoS)

2. In the rules for placing terrain, the rules state that a player can place one last piece of terrain after the opponent has passed. My question is when can you pass? (after your opponent has placed a piece of terrain or right after you have placed one)

Would love some help on these issues since they have been a point of discussion for some time now in my gaming group.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
1. When a treeman uses his shooting attack the rules state he does not need LoS, does this mean he can shoot at a unit who is on the other side of a wall or wood? (Cannot imagine another situation where he does not have LoS)
At any point you can't see a model, you can still use the strangleroot attack against it. Remember that a treeman has a limited LoS as a monster, so there are other times when he could use it aside from intervening models and terrain.

2. In the rules for placing terrain, the rules state that a player can place one last piece of terrain after the opponent has passed. My question is when can you pass? (after your opponent has placed a piece of terrain or right after you have placed one)
Any time you want, in theory. Potentially you could pass straight away, but that would be rather silly.

·
LO Zealot
1,568 Posts
Any time you want, in theory. Potentially you could pass straight away, but that would be rather silly.
I am fairly certain that it states you must place at least one piece of terrain, and can pass when it is your turn... so in theory, someone could limit the board to 3 pieces by winning the roll to go first, placing 1, opponent places 2nd, he passes, and opponent can place the 3rd & final one. If said someone lost the roll to place first, then there would be 4 (unless the other player wanted a small amount, too).

The rulebook also gives a recommendation of D3+3 for 1500(?)+ point games, as well. Around here, we've had a bret player who likes to put only 1 piece down and then pass immediately to have as little terrain to impede his movements as possible... but honestly, that's nothing you'd ever see in a tournment, only 3 pieces of terrain. So we have adopted a kind of house rule that if someone passes after only one piece, you roll the D3+3 and can place up to the remaining ones where you'd like.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
The rulebook also gives a recommendation of D3+3 for 1500(?)+ point games, as well.
Certainly. In theory you can have a pretty spartan table, but really you should try to put down a reasonable amount.

Personally I just throw down several pieces until "it looks right". Near empty tables aren't really that interesting to play on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.