Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have a Libraian (who comes with a force weapon) and I give him a powerfist what would happen?

Would I use them seperately, deciding which I'm using each round of close combat
I.e. This round I'll use my power fist

Would they combine?
I.e. I strike last cause of the powerfist but I hit at strength 8 and if I wound i can force weapon to instant kill something with multiple wounds

·
Registered
236 Posts
I believe you will have to declare which weapon the librarian will be using. I am not sure if you are able to "split" attacks between the weapons, i.e. 2 attacks w/ fw and 1 w/ pf. Some body might want to check that.

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Yeah, you've got to pick which weapon you use before you hit - as you said, "this time I'll use the powerfist". The rules don't specifically say anything about multiple CC weapons, but since a model is only ever allowed to shoot one gun at a time (special rules excluded), That coupled with common sense tends to say you use one weapon.

EDIT: OK, scratch that last bit, Ostsol's right, the rules do specify - Pg. 46. Rules for special CC weapons... Why didn't I think to look there?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
All attacks must be made with a single weapon and the abilities of multiple weapons do not combine. Page 46 makes this quite clear.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
That is correct as long as the weapon can be used to provide that additional attack. Most close combat weapons can, but there are some exceptions such as a single Lightning Claw or Dark Eldar Poison Blades.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Powerfist/powerweapon is an interesting combo on a master, still gets the extra attack, and gets to chose. I think this is the only way to get 5 attacks out of a master in termie armour too, 6 on the charge.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
I think this is the only way to get 5 attacks out of a master in termie armour too, 6 on the charge.
Two types of CC weapons is the only way to get 5 attacks on any SM char in T-armor as all Termie guns are two handed. However the power weapon/fist combo is not the only one, you could use two LC's(better for most situations).

Reactions: onlainari

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Depends on what you think you might have to kill. Against weaker hoards, the Lightning Claws are definitely better, but if you have to kill something big like a Wraithlord or Carnifex, the Powerfist will certainly come in handy.

·
907 Posts
you are also forgeting the main benefit of the character as in cc

his initiative,

personally i have this combo on one of my characters which added to a jump pack demonic strength and furious charge (and the power weapon can be swapped for a dark blade), rarely fails.

i know that on the charge the character is still st8 with either the powerfist or the darkblade, but the main difference is with one at i6 and the other at i1 then he's i5 st6 or i1 st8

1 - 11 of 11 Posts