Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Night's whipser
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys heres my army list im open to any concerns or anything like that this is my very 1st post so take it easy and tell me if theres anything wrong with it

HQ
Hive Tyrant w/ implant attacks, adrenal glands and armoured shell 235pts

2 Tyrant Guard w/ lash whips 130pts

Tyranid Prime w/ rending claws and adrenal glands 95pts

Elites
3 Zoanthropes 180pts

Troops
4 Tyranid Warriors w/ rending claws, adrenal glands and a venom cannon 155pts ( Tyrand Prime goes here)

15 Termagaunts 75pts

15 Hormagaunts 90pts

15 Hormagaunts 90 pts

Fast attack
6 Raveners w/ rendng claws 210pts

Heavy support
Trygon Prime w/ adrenal glands 250pts

thats it so feel free to comment

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry but your list would be to easy to defeat IMO. Not enough synapse to keep up with your fast and deep strikeing units. Drop tyrant guard and try drop pods for warriors and zoanthropes. So long as one or the other comes in with your trygon you will have synapse for him and a real nasty surpise for your opponent. I would also really consider losing the rending claws on the wariors. Rerolling 1's is a bit better then hopeing for a six IMO. Hive tyrant can move up with raveners and gaunts. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's enough synapse.
>Hive Tyrant
>Warrior Prime
>Warrior Brood
>Trygon Prime
>Zoanthrope

Though I agree a spore pd for the Zoanthropes would be good.

·
249 Posts
you shouldn't really bother worrying about fast synapse either, only the ravs and hormagaunts have a chance of out-distancing your guys, and they either have a good Ld or are going to just run at the enemy anyway.

those naked hormagaunts are pretty skinny though. i'd personally suggest freeing up some points some how to get them at least toxin sacs. they'll die pretty easy, but at least they'll more likely take something down with them as they go

·
Night's whipser
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok thanks guys. This is the new list!

HQ
Hive Tyrant w/ implant attacks, adrenal glands and armoured shell 235pts

Tyranid Prime w/ lash whip and bonesword, deathspitter and adrenal glands 110pts

Troops
4 Tyranid Warriors w/ rending claws, adrenal glands and venom cannon 155pts

15 Termagaunts 75pts

15 Hormagaunts w/ toxin sacs 150pts

15 Hormagaunts w/ toxin sacs 150 pts

Elites
3 Zoanthropes in a myetic spore w/ a barbed strangler 235pts

Fast Attack
6 Raveners w/ rending claws 210 pts

Heavy Support
Trygon Prime w/ adrenal glands 250pts

·
Schemer
481 Posts
Now I don't have experience with the new bugs but I will add my two cents.

Your Hive Tyrant will clearly take a lot of the high str shot since he will be the only MC on the field if you deepstrike the trygon. I guess that's why you used armoured shell. One option would be to use wings and deepstrike also. Hive commander could be a nice upgrade to get the +1 to reserve roll and make one unit outflank.

Speaking of which, I feel you need a unit to outflank. You want your opponent to play in the center of the terrain not on the side. Having a stealer unit ready to eat him in outflank could do the job or simply getting hive commander on the Tyrant also.

Your Zoan are your main anti-tank range weapon and they deepstrike. I would prefer having them on turn 1 to make sure they shoot something in turn 2 but that's my point of view.

Warriors, I would favor toxin sacs instead of adrenal glands simply because this let you re-roll when wounding (more rending). Have you thought about using boneswords, combined with toxin sacs makes a pretty brutal unit imho.

Hormagaunts, did you think about using hormagaunts to take down transport? if so adrenal glands are the way to go.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The Raveners seem like the weakest unit to me. Do you have the minis already? If not, I'd probably consider changing them for more gravy (like a second unit of Zoans).

·
Night's whipser
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
No, I haven't got the models but raveners have always been my favourite unit in the tyranid army and now that there in plastic well I couldnt resist them :p. I can see why you have concerns with the only monstrous creature on the field at turn 1 being the hive tyrant its going get a lot of attention from hammerheads and devvies and stuff like that but I cant to find anything to swap out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts