Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I seen this in a WD I bought ages ago in a newsagency, pretty impressed with all the stuff they had in there, it was 2 years old though, but none the less I found the articles nice about black templars and particular this "horror".
Games Workshop Australia - Warhammer 40,000: Laius Rift
I personally like this model, and it could work well for a titan could it not? It's not as big, but any bug thats about 20 times the size of a space marine can't be good for you...

·
It's a Trap!
1,750 Posts
I believe that that model would work fine for a trygon. It is very large if you look at it and teh trygon is probably the smallest of the FW tyranid "titans". Anythign other than that though probably wouldn't be WYSIWYG. But for a trygon, I think it is an excellent conversion option.

·
Registered
261 Posts

[url=http://oz.games-workshop.com/cs/laius/painting/thecreature/default.htm]Games Workshop Australia - Warhammer 40,000: Laius Rift[/url]
I personally like this model, and it could work well for a titan could it not? It's not as big, but any bug thats about 20 times the size of a space marine can't be good for you...[/QUOTE]

Personal opinion: Monsterous Creature, definatly. Bio-Titan, not quite. Although the carapace was widened and lengthened, Its still appears to be no larger than your average Carnifex or Tyrant. The warhound is about 12" tall, for reference, so untill he gets that big, he would really look the part, in my opinion anyways. I guess there isn't any reason that you couldn't say he is a titan, but it would be like using a Leman Russ as a Baneblade.

Just my opinion, for what its worth...

·
It's a Trap!
1,750 Posts
Well, here is a trygon pic from forgeworld for a scale comparison.

Remember from the picture that the guard is crouching and it is shot looking up. So, based off of the models in the pictures, they aren't an incredible distance off IMO, but that's a judgement call.

·
It's a Trap!
1,750 Posts
Well, like I said before, the only true "titan" is the heirophant, so obviously this isn't going to be big enough, but if by "titan" he simply meant something like the Heirulde (spell?), then it could probably work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only true Titan is the Hierophant (and the Dominatrix aswell, but there's no model for her just named in the codex).

Hierodule, Trygon, Harridan, etc etc IMHO are just BIG, but not Titans...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.