Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BANANA!
1,161 Posts
Spam approves.
I'll keep an eye on this, with a nice bit of rep at the end for you :)
Oh no, when spam approves... duck!

anyway, nice shape there so far! Are you building this for the new codex or as terrain?

keep up the good job!

·
UnderWater Ninja-Tiger ..
785 Posts
Subscribed. This is extremely interesting, as I'm building my Tyranids up for the new codex. I too am planning/looking forward to using Spore Pods. Although, I'm sure I don't have the sculpting talent to pull off any detail.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think I would make spore pods like a sort of flower. like, leaves, joined ad the botom, and folding open.

but then, make it look like a vile think, not some beautifull flower:)

otherwise, nice work;) I want to see the result

·
Herald of Chaos
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been looking around for something to run up the sides to look more niddy. The idea being the pod is a veiny winglink casing around the things and would open up with something like a drop pod. The thing I am looking for is like the tyranid capillaries running up the sides. I have seen something done with what I believe is some insulating foam spray that comes in a tube and when it tries it leaves bubbles but remains somewhat hard.

Is a link to a product similiar to what Im thinking and just shape it up the sides and let it dry. I will have to test how it reacts to paint a primer though once its hard.
GREAT STUFF

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.