Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a Hive Tyrant or Carnifex fires their Barbed Strangler weapon... it's an Ordinance type... does it roll for scatter?

Is it different for each unit... i.e. Does the Tyrant not roll for scatter with it's Barbed Strangler while the Carnifex must, or vice versa?

Any help is much appreciated!

Edit:
Is this weapon considered an Assault type... and therefore wouldn't scatter? Or does a weapon being classified as Assault, and Ordinance type damage done by it... have no bearing on scatter?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
It's not Ordnance, it only uses the ordnance template. It doesn't scatter, roll 2D6 and pick highest on armour penetration, or limit movement, or follows any other ordnance rule I forget. Treat it as a Deathspitter for instance, only with the larger template.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Yup, it's just a blast weapon which incidentally uses the big marker instead of the normal one.

The barbed strangler is "Assault 1 Ordnance Blast". If it was a real ordnance weapon, then it would be "Ord. 1/Blast".

jwu

·
Registered
295 Posts
At least u can go and fire with the nids ord wpns... and it can't Scatter! but i Wonder: are u able to take 2 barbed strangler or venom cannon with one character?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Argh!
Once again:
I haven't found the rule which says that you may have the same item only once per model yet. But even if you could give a carnifex two barbed stranglers, this would be absolutely pointless, because it can shoot only one per turn.

jwu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.