Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been experimenting with some new paint styles, especially on my Tyranids, who have always been one of my favourite armies to paint. Anyway, I was hoping to get some feedback on my paint scheme and my painting in general, I apologise in advance for the crappy brushwork, these are test subjects ('Gants and Rippers anyway) so I wasn't as careful as usual.

Termagant:

Ripper Swarm:

Carnifex (his name is Marshmallow):

To be specific, I have no idea how to do the scything claws effectively, nor do I have any ideas for the hooves. You can't really see it in the photos, but I've used a gloss varnish on the armour plating, because it looks quite good in real life. The armour edging was done by feathering Codex Grey then a thinner highlight along the edge with a 1:1 Codex Grey:Skull White mix, this was then washed with Asurmen Blue, then the gloss went over.
The guns were basically an Orkhide Shade foundation which was then drybrushed with Knarloc Green, it works well with the blue whilst being a distinctly different creature; a staple of weapon symbiotes. Marshmallow's skull was standard Snakebite Leather -> Bleached Bone -> Skull White highlight affair.

So yeah, that's my paint scheme, I'd really like any comments or criticisms you may have, but no comments on my photography skills please :p I know they're sub-par. Cheers everyone!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think the color scheme looks good. They look very evil and dangerous with the green glowing eyes. It's just the carapace I think you should take some more time with. Just blend that green/blue color in to the black area of the carapace a bit more.

An army of these will look great. Well done!

·
Scourge Lord
1,638 Posts
I actually like the high contrast of the carapace. I think it creates that "glow-in-the-dark" effect that works so well on these models.

This is a really sharp-looking color scheme. The interplay between the blue, the purple, and the green is very effective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts