Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
What you mean?
Like Mystentic Spores and spore chimneys?
Forgeworld has some premade Tyranid terrain that looks really good, but then again it costs a bit.
My only tip to you is to make it look "animalistic". Make it plant like an dslimy if you prefer that.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hmm, well I saw one guy making mycetic spores out of old tennis balls and glu-gun-goop. Looked alright. But I have no idea how you would make spore chimneys...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
you could always go for one of Big O's " squirted " walls... heeheehee
Hmmm well well, aren't we all having a good time here shonky honky.

Have you ever looked at forgeworlds tyranid terrain?
The capitilary towers should be possible to make from simple polystyrene, so should also the spore chimneys.
The problem is just how you would do to get the best out of it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I made some Nid terrain. The capillary tower I carved out of a piece of poly-styrene [ styro-foam ] then finished off with sanding block. Looks alot like a tube worm.
I did some jungle like spiker plants out of styrene balls and toothpicks. Made a reclaimation pool, using PVA glue as the acid pool. The last one is a nid bunker I'm still in the process of building. Has a removable lid made out of a card tube covered in DAS clay.
An article on Nid terrain was in US White Dwarf a while back but I'm not sure of the exact issue. A lot of good ideas are in it. I'll look it up and post the issue number, you may be able to get it on E-Bay.
Good luck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i used wood dollheads, plastic pears peppers and asparagis and little wispy things brides are spossed to use in there hair and alot of hot glue... painting was a bitch for somethings but it turned out well.

XG

·
Registered
342 Posts
Try and make it look something like the xenomorph hive walls (Aliens - atmospheric processor) That is definately Tyranid style texture. (and also a great film)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Unfortunatly, making walls like in the aliens films wont be easy to do, unless you can creat a mould of something, and cast it over and over again. Like off a aliens toy for example.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i worked in a modle/hobby store about 8 years ago and i seem to remeber someone making a plastic mold for resin or aparise castings. it wasnt perfect but maybe sniff around on ebay, you might find somthing.

XG

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
ebay rocks!
Try taking a close look at the alien model... from the movie with the same name...
Look carefully and you will notice what the guy is made of...
Stuff like electric tuping and other stuff... take that in mind and try to mold something yourself, using way guitar wire and old toys or something...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.