Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Hive,

my friend who plays Tyranids is finally willing to place his order for his new toys. I have been waiting very long for this, as I require some other models of my own and intend to share shipping costs (ordering from the UK because we can save about 40% despite shipping costs that way, compared to when we buy here in Germany).

Too much detail, let me cut right to the question: my friend wants to have Tyranid Warrior broods with the bonesword biomorph. Therefore he needs to know whether the boneswords have already been included as part of the current Tyranid Warrior boxed set or not. Can anyone help him out?

Thanks, abominable Xenos. ;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
I don't think they are, but you can convert the boneswords on fairly easily. Just invert the Scything Talon arms, cut them off at around 1/3 of the way up, and replace the chunk you removed with plasticard in the shape of a sword. Once painted it looks absolutely fantastic, check out the GW website, they had an article on a converted Swarmlord model (he has 4 bonesabres!) but the formula used is the same.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah I'm not surprised that you couldn't find it, it's named weirdly. Go to the main gw page, and look at the "whats new today", the article is named "leviathan gargoyle datasheet". Unfortunately there is not a stage by stage formula, but it does give you how to do it.

·
823 Posts
You should also be aware that the current box of Warriors is TOTALLY 100% inappropriate for the new codex. With the new codex, all warriors in a brood must be equipped the same (except for 1 being able to have a heavy weapon) and the current box of warriors does not allow for ANY 2 to be modeled the same way unless it's some of the smaller guns. There is only one set of 'large' scything talons (the ones to convert into bone-swords). There is one set of 'hands' (rending claws) and one large gun.

·
Registered
137 Posts
@ Sinjin: Thats not really true. Actually, it only the rending claws and convertable Scytals that are alone in the box. The VC and BS can still be bought as single upgrades, and the box comes with the Gaunt weapon sprue (the one with devourers and spinefists).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts