Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To go with my city, and with my nids, I'm part way through making a niddified building. There will be guardsman bodies lying around, and it'll tell a story when finished :) Anyway, here it i:

Any C&c is welcome and helpful guys :)

The slime will washed in green. Not painted solidly :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Dead guardsmen? DEAD GUARDSMEN? What heresy is this?

On a more serious note its looking pretty good. I do like the slime, and in particular the torn wire mesh in the window.

Are you by any chance using the second Alien movie as an inspiration? There might be some good ideas in there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looking real good so far... I love those marine corpses hanging from the ceiling.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking really good! What are you using for the slime? Might give it a crack on some buildies I have laying raound too.
It's a 'mitre glue' called 'mitre fast'. Saw off the top of the bottle and leave it, and it'll harden into a sticky goo. Put it where you want, and spray it with the spray that comes with it to completely harden it. I'll put up a tutorial if you're interested?

Dead guardsmen? DEAD GUARDSMEN? What heresy is this?

On a more serious note its looking pretty good. I do like the slime, and in particular the torn wire mesh in the window.

Are you by any chance using the second Alien movie as an inspiration? There might be some good ideas in there.
Yes. Dead guardsmen. 5 of them to be exact. One melted by bioacid, one slashed across the chest, one with his head ripped off, one suspended to a wall/corner by slime, and I don't know what to do for the last...

Yea. Alien movies in general are amazing inspiration for nids. I was thinking of Alien 2 at the time, and the idea for being suspended to the wall came from AvP.

Looking real good so far... I love those marine corpses hanging from the ceiling.

Thanks for the comments so far guys :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's a 'mitre glue' called 'mitre fast'. Saw off the top of the bottle and leave it, and it'll harden into a sticky goo. Put it where you want, and spray it with the spray that comes with it to completely harden it. I'll put up a tutorial if you're interested?

Yeah, for sure - if its not too much trouble. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see how its done. Is the product called Mitre Glue or is that the brand name?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is quite awesome. Do a tutorial, that I may niddify terrain too.
Yeah, for sure - if its not too much trouble. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see how its done. Is the product called Mitre Glue or is that the brand name?
Mitre Glue is the name of the type of glue. The brand name for the specific glue is Mitre Fast.

I'll start work on a tutorial soon. Thanks for the nice comments guys :)

·
Happy strokes, happy s...
601 Posts
Mitre Glue is the name of the type of glue. The brand name for the specific glue is Mitre Fast.

I'll start work on a tutorial soon. Thanks for the nice comments guys :)
I think it looks great and will look awesome once finished. Any ideas what you will paint the Tyranidic spore? You should use some Tamiya gloss or some wet effects on it to get the sheen that'll create a great look to it.

In my opinion you could add even more of that stuff along the walls and ceilings of the building. Go crazy with it as a spawning Hive creature in a Martha Stewart mood would!

Jake

·
Registered
201 Posts
Good idea. Not as big a cliche as the little guardsman sitting in the ruins of a building with his laspistol pressed up against his head.

But remember, the terror of the hive mind is simply a matter of perspective. :)

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
I'm liking what you've done so far- looking forward to seeing it painted up.

I feel it could do with a feature to really make it stand out, as you are using the Alien film for inspiration how about a wall with biological parts of guardsmen and/or other races embedded in it- such as in that scene from Aliens and also Alien:Resurrection.

Nicely done though. More, more I say!

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
I'm supposed to undertake a nid table for a commiseration some time soon and this has given me some good ideas! thanks!

The goo-suspended guardsmen is a fantastic touch and them breaking through the fence and slime left behind is also a neat little trick. Good luck with it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.