Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would giving this to my tyrant be a good idea or just a wast of time and points:
Bio-plasma
Implant Attack
Toxic Miasma
Wings
Enhanced Sense
Adrenal Glands (both I and WS)
Toxin Sacs
Sything Talons
Venom Cannon
Warp Field
He kicks ass and dont tell em bad things about him without tellin me anything good (unless you really think there is nothig at all good).

_______________________________________________________________________________________
This is our galaxy, ours to enslave, ours to corrupt, the gods will not be denied their prize.
-Black Legion

·
Registered
277 Posts
I dont have any in game experience with tyranids but unless your facing an army with a decent amount of multi-wound characters with toughness above 3 then the implant attacks arent really needed. For the other stuff, I really couldnt say much(lacks of XP). Hope I helped a bit. :D

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
You need to decide what you want your Tyrant to do. Mixing cc and shooty makes him less effective in both areas. He isn't quite as kick ass of a tyrant in game, as he is on paper.

If you want a shooty Tyrant, give him a VC/BS or a 2x TL Devourer combo.

If you want a cc Tyrant, give him 2x Scything Talons.

But, statistically, a Tyrant with 2x TL Devourers, shooting at a unit then charging it, will cause the most wounds out of any combonation.

75 Posts
lol sry you didnt really help...

but dude how is it bad at assault i mean in shooty it can shoot a cannon which is ok for the time i am proceeding but in assault i got 1 attack at I12 S7. and then after that i have 4A at I6 and S6 WS6 like i mean what is it you dont like. Just the fact that it is 50:50?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree with $Black Katalyst^^

Also you might want to remove some of the biomorphs that are no really need. Like the adrenal glands (WS) and toxic miasma for example. I would pick one due to them having similar effects and be on a model with an already high weapon skill.

Try and keep the point cost down, a 271pts for a model with 4 attacks seems a little steep to me. Considering you can get a tyrant with a similar effect for much less.

·
Registered
26 Posts
brother-captian stern said:
would giving this to my tyrant be a good idea or just a wast of time and points:
Bio-plasma
Implant Attack
Toxic Miasma
Wings
Enhanced Sense
Adrenal Glands (both I and WS)
Toxin Sacs
Sything Talons
Venom Cannon
Warp Field
He kicks ass and dont tell em bad things about him without tellin me anything good (unless you really think there is nothig at all good).
Oh Captian, My Captian, this Tyrant would deffinantly kick alot of booty, but you can't have Bio-Plasma and Acid Maw. Cut one of those(tough choice, but easy on a carni, Bio plasma all the way) and if you have to cut something else cut Toxic Miasma, cause it bassicaly gives you an additional WS and (the number) is fine with just the adrenal gland

75 Posts
ok dude if you think i can get a better one for less tell me waht do i give it!?!

schmallz said:
but you can't have Bio-Plasma and Acid Maw. Cut one of those(tough choice, but easy on a carni, Bio plasma all the way)
I dont have acid maw i only have bio plasma and boi plasma is much better than acid maw.
and i will think about the toxic miasma thing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree with pretty much everyone else, concentrate on one area of expertise. My shooty tyrant has TL devourers and a venom cannon, and he shoots about 4 or 5 turns of the game, and is only around 170 points. Your tyrant has a good gun, but you'll get to use it twice, and then thats 40 points wasted. Also, my flying tyrant has 2 scything talons and no warp blast, as it just reduces his usefulness, only shooting twice, and wasting enough points for 4 gaunts. He's only 200 points now. Yes, your guy is gonna do a bit of damage, but not enough to gain his points back. And you'll be wanting that extra 80 points to have a few more warriors, or whatever, which would help more.

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
ok dude if you think i can get a better one for less tell me waht do i give it!?!
Fast assault cc.
Tyrant
-Toxin Sacs
-Winged
-Scything Talons
-Scything Talons
-Warp Feild
178pts

Fire support/cc.
Tyrant
-Enhanced Senses
-Toxin Sacs
-Winged
-TL Devourers
-TL Devourers
-Warp Feild
196pts

Fast attack heavy fire support.
Tyrant
-Enhaced Senses
-Toxin Sacs
-Winged
-Venom Cannon
-Barbed Strangler
-Warp Feild
232pts

Walking heavy fire support.
Tyrant
-Enhaced Senses
-Extended Carapace
-Toxin Sacs
-Venom Cannon
-Barbed Strangler
182pts

These setups are the most used/cost effective Tyrants.

If you leave out the Toxin Sacs on the shooty Tyrants, you can conserve a lot more points if need be.

Hope it helps.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
brother-captain don't double post. For your tyrant it's not good to mix shooty and cc. Why? Because when your in CC your wasting all those points you spent on it for shooting your wasting your points that you spent for CC. Katalyst pretty much summed up whats good to give the Hive Tyrant.

·
Registered
26 Posts
schmallz said:
I dont have acid maw i only have bio plasma and boi plasma is much better than acid maw.
and i will think about the toxic miasma thing.
opps your right, but acid maw on a tyrant wouldn't be so bad, the streanght isn't very high but the re-roll to wounds would deffiantly help, it is a matter of opinion, like super chargers and turbo chargers, both kick ass, but in different ways. If you keep toxin sacs, get Bio, if you drop them, pick up the Acidic Maw, but of coarse bio is cheaper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts