Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is a test army I have been working on for a while now and after talking to quite a few people about tactics and other viable 1000pt armies I have come up with this lil number here. I am attempting to keep the army fluffy but at the same time viable for most situations (fluffy as in 9 being the sacred number, not trying to use demons, keeping everyone besides sorcerers rubric), so any help would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note I don't want to get rid of my Rubric Terminators, I truely love them as my elite choice (as they were my first unit I ever purchased and painted [converted Greyknight terminators]). Also for those of you that don't know Tzeentch I can't use a squad of havocs or any fast attack (other then Screamers but as I said before I am staying away from demons); so basically I am looking for a really good Demon Prince and a tweaked out sorcerers (as a true Tzeentch army should have). Also I would like comments on the Dreadnought, so far I believe a Plasma cannon is best but I am still dwelling on twin-linked lascannons. Also truth be know I would rather not have a Demon Prince... however so far he seems to be the only viable CC guy I can come up with (that won't die immediatly).

-=HQ=-

Demon Prince
Mark of Tzeentch
Demonic Resilience
Demonic Aura
Disc of Tzeentch
Demonic Armor
Demonic Stature
Demonic Talons

-=Troop Choice=-

8 Thousand Sons
Bolters
Mark of Tzeentch

Thousand Sons Sorcerer
Wind of Chaos
Mark of Tzeentch

8 Thousand Sons
Bolters
Mark of Tzeentch

Thousand Sons Sorcerer
Wind of Chaos
Mark of Tzeentch

-=Elite Choice=-

6 Rubric Terminators
Terminator Armor
Mark of Tzeentch
Power Weapons
Bolters

Sorcerer
Terminator Armor
Mark of Tzeentch
Power Weapon
Bolter
Wind of Chaos
Bolt of Change
Eye of Tzeentch

-=Heavy Support=-

Chaos Dreadnought
Plasma Cannon
Close Combat Weapon
Daemonic Possession
Mutated Hull
Combi-Bolter

The basic strategy for my army is to be a slow advance supported by the Dreadnought and psychic powers followed by vicious hand to hand combat vis-a-vis my Demon Prince/Sorcerers (the terminators I will use to deepstrike to stall or remove threats, such as Necron Lords).

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
dood army but a couple probs. the temries bolter should be storm bolters, not regular bolters.

stick wiht the plasma cannon. it cant over heat on a dread and it is good against both infantry and light vehicles. good choice there.

also dont deep strike. yur termies seem to be hth orientaed and nto alot of shooting. yu cant assualt after deep stirk so marchem. they will soak up some fire and can taske it thx to that great save!

good army...good luck!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The main thing I'd change is to get more firepower by using different psychic powers. I'd give the Daemon Prince the Bolt of Change (or what's it called), and the other sorceror's Doombolt to complement the automatons' bolters.
I'd drop the Eye from the Terminator sorceror, and drop one of his powers because you'd need a familiar to use 2 majors. Maybe throw in a twisting path somewhere, I think it's pretty cool :) .
Something else you could do (this would require you to drop the dread for instance) is keep the Wind of Chaos on the rubric squads' sorcerors, but mount these squads in rhinos (with extra armour and smoke as usual). That way you move in quickly, disembark, and rapid fire the bolters at close range, if you're close enough the Wind can cause havoc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Salamander - Chaos Terminators don't have storm bolters, they weren't around in pre-heresy hence why they have combi-bolters and the likes for tanks and terminator squads.

Remidius - As for not having a Daemon Prince, you can still go for one, but I would suggest the following; get rid of statue (just makes him an easier target), daemonic armour and daemonic aura. Give him then terminator armour, this gives him the 2+ normal and 5+ invul. save :)
Also think about giving him Daemonic Rune so that he can't be instant killed.
As for a weapon, go for a master-crafted power weapon and also add on spiky bits. This will allow you to re-roll two hits in combat :)
For your terminator squad, I would suggest putting in at least 1 reaper-autocannon for that little extra firepower.
And do swap the plasma cannon for the twin linked lascannon, that way you at least get two chances of firing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.