Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am somewhat a veteran of the old editions finding time again to play this new edition of 40k. I am trying to convert my old army into something usable in this new edition. I have been told that now Tzeentch has been kinda nerfed, but I still love my silent blue rubrics, so I put together the minis I got and thought this could work.

In case things needed to be replaced, I also have some Chaos Spawn lying around (I have been told they suck now even worse than before), a fully converted winged and power-armored Tzeentch Daemon Prince, a conversion of Ahriman which I could use as Ahriman himself (I dont usually like to use named characters, tho) or as a power-armored sorcerer I guess, and some converted Veteran Dark Angels which some time ago acted as Tzeentch-marked chosen (fluff-wise they were Fallen, of course).

HQ:
Terminator Chaos Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch, Mastery level 3 and Spell Familiar

Elite:
5 Chaos Terminators with Mark of Tzeentch, 1 with Dual Lightning Claws, 1 with Reaper + Power Fist, 3 with combimelta + Power Fist

Troops:
Thousand Sons: 8 Rubrics + Aspiring Sorcerer with meltabombs, on a rhino with a combimelta
Thousand Sons: 8 Rubrics + Aspiring Sorcerer with meltabombs, on a rhino with a combimelta
10 Chaos Space Marines with Veteran of the Long War, Heavy Bolter and Plasgun, Aspiring champion with meltabombs and power fist, on a rhino with a combimelta

Heavy Support:
Obliterator with Mark of Tzeentch and Veteran of the Long War
Chaos Defiler with Power Scourge, Reaper and Dirge Caster

TOTAL: 1565

As you can see, I need to remove some stuff to get down to 1500. As for tactics, I usually try to drive to some objectives and hold them with my troops, using short-range fire to defend while avoiding close combat if possible. Usually the Defiler is used as a fire magnet (though with the new price I am reluctant to). The Terminators can be deepstriked if I expect a mecha or gunline army, or can be hold behind to countercharge. I am not too sure how this will work on reality. I hope the mini count is not too low, though I am thinking on removing the Defiler and bringing another squad + another Obliterator, a Helldrake or a rhino squad of zerkers to countercharge or assault some enemy objective.

If you could help this honestly lost tzeentch fan...

·
Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
1,508 Posts
On your CSM, drop the Heavy Bolter. When you field 10 CSM you should be going dual plasma or dual melta.

Get rid of the Defiler.. I used to love them, but in this edition, they're just too expensive. Replace him with a Heldrake, a Helbrute, additional Obliterators or a Havoc squad. Any of those will shave a few points off your list.

Reactions: Prometheo

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your advice. I will do that and replace the Defiler (a pity, it was fully converted) with some Havocs. Would you suggest to get the Havocs some Transport? Going for Razorback even? I am starting to feel like my list is kinda dakka oriented but might need some long range support.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thank you for your advice. I will do that and replace the Defiler (a pity, it was fully converted) with some Havocs. Would you suggest to get the Havocs some Transport? Going for Razorback even? I am starting to feel like my list is kinda dakka oriented but might need some long range support.
In this edition vehicles can't take Marks and Razorbacks aren't an option for those who worship REAL GODS!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd look at the regular squad of CSM a bit closer personally.

Looks to me like you have three squads that all fill the same role, the 2 1k sons are the theme of the army so they're in, but I'd tailor those marines to have a specific role. And as they have more flexibility than the sons you can adapt them a bit to something different.

Options might be.
- small squad - objective grabber freeing up points for elsewhere
- 2 plasma as suggested for AP2
- full melta options for tank busters
- close combat - tricky from a rhino - bolters and MoK, provide 1st round bite but aren't fluffy
- drop the rhino and go large on this squad

Apart from that, I agree with other comments. Lose the defiler, and in some Havocs and extra oblit or two. Then the only tweak I'd make is to tidy up the terminators a bit, focusing on the combi melta as the key prowess, rely on the great invulnerable to see you hit in combat and shave of a few points. Meltas also work really well if you're lucky enough to get doombolt as the tzeentch power on the sorcerer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts