Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so usually its me on the other end of these army list posts, tearing them apart etc. Well, now its your turn! Call it revenge if you like.
For a long time now ive been wanting to write a Mortal Tzeentch list, and, slightly inspired and motivated by -t's Tzeentch list, i have finally decided to create the list i would have if i were to play Tzeentch.
Now, bear in mind i KNOW its not awesome, but then again it isnt suppossed to be. It includes all the cool stuff id just have to have, and hopefully would be fun to play.
So, do what you like to it, this is pretty open ended. Give any comments you want. What you think, how it would fare in game, how would you improve it. Time to rip me up :)

Lord of Chaos
Dragon
MoTzeentch
Golden eye of Tze
Staff of Change
Sheild, flail

Exhalted Champ
MoTze
Disc of Tze
Power Familiar
Shield, flail

Exhalted Champ
MoTze
Disc of Tze
Spell Familiar
Dispel Scroll
Shield, Flail

Tzeentch Chariot
Tzeentch Chariot
Tzeentch Chariot

3 Screamers

Tzeentch Spawn
Tzeentch Spawn

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
How do you see this list winning combats? By that I mean how do you plan to overcome static combat res of most ranked units?

For example, Dwarves? With quarellers, a couple of warmachines and rock hard infantry. How would you tackle them?

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Now that is an elite army...

Yeah, I mean you would trash some armies, and be completely destroyed by many others...
Static res is going to kill your heroes, and even dragons fall eventually (bitter experience from a borrowed High Elf army)...

Awesome idea, awesome to see something quite so silly written down, and it would be amazing to see it on the field, but it's not going to do much... =P

Mind you, if you had a few forests/towers around to hide behind (and no hills in the enemy DZ) then you might even stand a chance against shooty/solid armies (bloody dwarfs), although luck would be required.

-t.

PS. Yay, I inspired something!

·
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Magic! the Tzeentch lore is devastating, whether your against large or small units, there is a spell to destroy everything. Ofcourse id need lots of spare Horrors for Indigo fire (hopefully)

To be honest im not sure, never really thought about tactics too much, just the list. But there are screamers to take out WM crew a little, the Discs and Dragon, being flyers, are pretty swift, so can get behind units easily, especially slow ones like dwaves.

Id love to play with it someday to be honest. As i think i said, i know it wont be doing too much winning, its just what id like.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Yeah, I think if you've got somewhere in the middle-ish of the table you can hide, you would have a chance against most armies, simply because next turn you can set up charges with all 3 of your flying beasts, which your opponent wouldn't be able to do too much about (especially if you had them all coming from different directions, after all, you can always charge different units if you feel like it and position yourself well).

You would have to get pretty lucky with indigo fire, I suspect, and (if possible) cast it several times per turn on a single unit...

Personally, while possibly less fluffy (and they won't give you the PD), I'd think Marauder Horsemen would probably be more useful than the chariots. Fast cav are indespensible, in my (limited) experience, and you can get far more of them for the cost of the 3 chariots (5 units of 5, with flails and a musician).

I don't think I'd bother with the spawn either, they're simply too slow to keep up with everything else you have, and if you aren't out-manouevering your enemy then something has gone supremely wrong.

The more I think about it, the more possibilities I see...

-t.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There's no exact model for it but the name of the model is sorta more like a suggestion, it could easily be a champion if you wanted it to ;)

Or if it bugs you that much, you could make a conversion?? :p

·
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lord / Champion... its the same model. Just like for every other army. Tomb Kings dont have specific King or Prince models, you just buy whichever you like and use it as whatever you like (Although they are all called 'Kings' on the blister when you buy them). Same with mot armies.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Like I have said in another post, I have recently begun to run an army very similar to this one. I use a Tzeench DP, and usually substitute the spawns for more screamers. But, as said earlier, it is a massacre one way or the other. I have yet to have a close game with it(have only played 3 though), but it is sooooo fun to play with. I have two friends that live close to me that I play with often, and the play Empire and Dwarfs. Lucky for me, they hate using gun lines, so usually I am not going up against some 2000 pts of blackpowder. But if played correctly and you take advantage of terrain, you can usually pull out a win.

Like I said to Courtsloth, let me know if you get a chance to play it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Like I said to Courtsloth, let me know if you get a chance to play it.

Haha! I have achieved cross-post mentioning! Score =D. Also, I just put together a Balrog to serve as the (fire lore) Demon Prince from the list Shadow mentioned (inspired by Deceiver himself) - can't wait to paint the model and run the list (not likely in that order tho =P).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.