Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really love my thousand sons, for playstyle, awesome looks and beautiful background story. But as far as I can see, I can't make a thousand sons kill team without just representing them by doing plain jane CSM, which is not my style at all.

Is there a way to get around the whole 2 wound/psychic thing?

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
The Mad Hatter said:
Is there a way to get around the whole 2 wound/psychic thing?
Yes - by asking your opponent to cut you some slack. Kill Team rules are meant to be agreed upon by both players before hand.

·
Registered
153 Posts
An all Screamers kill team would be scary as all h*ll. Hit-and-run means they could charge you with impunity. This means they could constantly wear you down and beat you without you even getting a klaxon counter.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slack it is, I've not got enough screamers to run a full KT.

How's this sound for KT?

4 Thousand Sons rubric marines: 96
1 Flamer: 22
1Thousand Sons Aspiring Champion w/ talons: 42

And count as having broken 3 mutable rules.

·
Registered
777 Posts
those 3 broken rules could really hurt, especially if playing against space marines...but, then again, its hard to make a Tzeenth army without breaking some rules (unless you did go for the all screamers army).

By taking flamers you would be breaking an immutable rule also (no weapons with the heavy 3+ or assault 3+ profile). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I would just go with an all rubric marine list (you dont HAVE to take an aspiring champion if you dont want...it would also leave you breaking one less rule if you didnt), or an all screamers list.

·
Registered
777 Posts
wouldnt you still be breaking the rule of no multi-wound models?

also, although it has been awhile since I've looked through the rules (and i'm about 2 miles from my rulebook, otherwise i'd look), but I thought I remember there being a rule against the use of psykers...I could be totally WAY off with that one though.

But either way, I am 98% sure that taking multi-wound models would break one of the laws. (please someone correct me if I'm wrong)

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Neferata said:
wouldnt you still be breaking the rule of no multi-wound models?

also, although it has been awhile since I've looked through the rules (and i'm about 2 miles from my rulebook, otherwise i'd look), but I thought I remember there being a rule against the use of psykers...I could be totally WAY off with that one though.
No, you're right - both multi-wound models and psykers are Immutable Laws, and can not be broken at all. That's what the whole point of the thread was about - how to get around these rules to be able to use a Thousand Sons army in a Kill Team scenario. Other than asking your opponent to cut you a bit of slack, there is no way.

So his list is basically assuming that his opponent will say it is okay to break those rules in this particular case.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'd have to reread the rulebook, but I thought that even the immutable laws could be broken, just that the penalties where far higher. That said I believe that every time it is broken makes counts, so every rubic marine would break an immutable law once, and that would add up to a whole bunch of ouch trying to win that way.
I'd go with the all screamer killteam that sounds cool, and doesn't break any laws that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
207 Posts
immutable
adj : not subject or susceptible to change or variation in form or
quality or nature; "the view of that time was that all
species were immutable, created by God" [syn: changeless]
[ant: mutable]

·
Registered
777 Posts
The only rule that the all-screamers kill team might break is the mutable rule about having to follow all restrictions in the codex (namely the one about having to be summoned onto the battlefield).

I'm no wordsmith, so this rule may not apply in this certain case, but it appears that it may. Anyone else got an opinion on this?

also, immutable rules may only be broken if your opponent agrees to let you. So you CAN break them...but its gonna seriously stack up with you break two immutables...you're nearly doubling the ammount of goon squads that a space marine force would have...OUCH!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, with the list I have there, I give away 4 brute squads and 50 points of gear, a heavy cost for simply wanting to play my chosen army.

Maybe:

4 screamers: 60
4 Thousand Sons: 96

1 Immutable broken: 25 points and 2 brute squads.

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
What about T'zeentch do you want to emulate in the Kill Team? It sounds like your going through a lot of pain for just fluff. You could use the rules for CSM and use the models of Thousand Sons, without facing any penalty. Is there something about T'zeentch you want to capture in your Kill Team that regular Marines can't do? It seems like all the Kill Team ideas you've thrown out have no ties to T'zeentch besides Rubric Marines.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The Mad Hatter said:
Actually, with the list I have there, I give away 4 brute squads and 50 points of gear, a heavy cost for simply wanting to play my chosen army.

Maybe:

4 screamers: 60
4 Thousand Sons: 96

1 Immutable broken: 25 points and 2 brute squads.
you're also breaking the rule stating that all units must come from the same codex entry, and you're breaking the rule stating that you must follow all the unit restrictions (minimum unit size, etc.)

So you'd still be giving your opponent about 4 more brute squads. sorry

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Neferata said:
you're also breaking the rule stating that all units must come from the same codex entry, and you're breaking the rule stating that you must follow all the unit restrictions (minimum unit size, etc.)
Only one - while you're right about the same Codex entry rule, the minimum size restriction rule is lifted in the case of Kill Team. So he's only breaking.... one Immutable, and one Mutable... it looks like. I've seen worse.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
To be honest, I say go for it.. More Brute Squads simply means the game has a slightly bigger chance of being balanced, unlike most games of kill team.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts