Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Well, i would say with the Golden Eye, theyre both good. But a Dragon in 2k points means the game revolves around it. A lot.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
If i did a Tzeentch army, id just have to go with a Dragon. So long as i could fine a decent models for it though, all the GW ones look far to oriental and serpant like.
The Disc isnt a bad choice though if you want to fill all 3 slots with Magic able Heros. In the end, i guess it all comes down to how you want the army to look and what you want to include elsewhere. A Dragon does take up an awful lot of your points, limiting you elsewhere. But, if you want it to be the centerpoint of your army, then its not a bad centerpiece to go with.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Even at 2500/3000 points, fielding a tzeentch lord on dragon (800 points) is a severe restriction on your approach to the game.

First of all he must be able to survive shots and magic, (remember that 3+ is not ALWAYS, but 2/3, which usually leaves 1/3 possibility to be killed by a cannonball).

Then you must be sure that he does not get involved in useless combats against unbreakable units, and that he does not go out of the table pursuing.

So, it's not a bad choice to field a dragon in a tzeentch army, it's just a matter of knowing what you're doing: i'd say the dragon is useful against low-leadership armies like skaven or O&G, and against armies with few models; but it's completely useless against undead armies or empires full of flagellants and priests.

Fly on the wings of change!8Y

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Definately depends on the size of the army in question.

I would leave off on the dragon until past 3000 points, when giving it Tzeentch I like having the extra spellslinger in normal sized games.

Of course dragons ARE big scary and can rip apart many many things....hmm

Ah, flip a coin.

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
If its well over 2,000 points then go for the dragon. I tried a tzeentch lord on a dragon. After gear it was like 500-600 points. Not good for a 2k game, then again if you are against units that scare easily you can rely on the terror/fear tests your opponent has to take and scare his troops off the board. Or if you are a gambling person, you can use the dragon as bait. Your opponent will usually try to take the dragon out first. Which means less heat on your other units.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I personally like the disc better. I think the model is just awesome and its a smaller points sink than a dragon (I can run upwards of 1100-1300 points on characters in a Tzeentch list @ 2k points).

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't think GW has one. I use the Galrauch dragon and the chaos hero with the chain on his arm.

But even at 2000 the lord on the disc will be 25% of your army before any other heros.

You might want to try and work in 4 spawns. Just the basic will work and save points but the biggest thing it will do is give you 4 drops. So you can see where the enemy is going to deploy so you can get the most out of deployment. Because you are going to have high cost units and you will not have that many. This will give you something to work with.
Also they are great for drawing fire, holding a unit still,and they are unbreakable.

·
Registered
292 Posts
You have to place 2 at a time, 2 for each rare slot. Because 2 spawns take up one rare choice they get placed together. If you only use 2 spawns and take no other rares then you can place them one at a time. If you take 3 you can place 1 and then 2 or vice versa.

Back to topic. I still say play with either. Have fun, switch it up. But whatever you do it's a point sink.

·
Registered
159 Posts
No! by all means try both you will find out which one you like and play it!

I'm not sure about the 2 for 1 drop at 1 time. Do you have a page number? Because I might have been playing them wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.